Yes, A Love Story

StarStrukk left me to the Cybertronian tech that sat in front of me. I was relieved when she did, I couldn't stand talking about Summer, especially when she didn't even recognize me. The stasis pod had stopped her from aging, and I knew I looked different than I did when we knew each other. I did my best to hide my emotions from StarStrukk, she didn't need to know how I really felt, how much it hurt to see the one person that I cared about so much, to see her look at me and not even know who I was.
After StarStrukk left, she didn't even bother telling me where she was going, and I didn't really care. It was her business, she knew where to find me if she needed something. I kept my attention on Optimus and the others, checking on their progress once in a while. They were getting a Decepticon mine secured, so we could at least scavenge some energon. With the extra help, things were coming along quickly, and in no time I opened the groundbridge for them to carry some of the energon they managed to get their hands on into the lab I was in, where there were a few storages for the energon. I helped out a bit, but was more on groundbridge duty, Summer never came in through the groundbridge, but rather stayed on the other side to prepare more energon for departure. When I believed we had enough, even with the extra Optimus insisted we get, I had him order everyone back. Summer was last through, her optics still blazing with the fading adrenaline of the fight. I kept my view away from her direction, only planning on looking at her if she addressed me personally.
"Ratchet, I believe you still have yet to finish Summer's physical performance test." My spark dropped to my toes upon hearing his words. I sighed, doing my best to act annoyed.
"Right. Come on," I said to her, waving for Summer to follow me. "Don't touch anything, or break anything. I need it." She followed me to the room across from the laboratory, making sure to keep all of her appendages to herself. I had her sit on the berth, running a few tests that would take awhile first, so she was annoyed faster. By the time the tests were done, I was checking over her armour, testing its efficiency.
"Lift." I commanded, tapping her foot. She didn't move, and I looked up at her from my kneeling position, finding that she was staring off at the wall behind me.
"Summer." She jerked when I said her name, looking down at me and quickly lifting her leg slightly.
"Sorry, I was- lost in thought. Just thinking of someone." I hmmed, like I was interested, and I was, I was curious.
"And who would that be? If you don't mind telling." She sighed, turning her attention again to the wall behind me, just staring.
"His name was Ratchet, he was a medic too. Huh, what a coincidence, right? Poor lug probably got himself killed with that smart mouth of his." My self control was the only thing keeping me from throwing myself on her, but with every word that came out of her mouth, my spark ached with a horrible pain, like I'd been stabbed with an alien object. Time seemed to stop then, and I was sucked back into the past.

"Ratchet, come on," Summer said as she tugged at my arm, her sky blue optics sparkling with delight. "Isn't it amazing?" She asked me, twirling and holding her arms out, opening her home to me for the first time since she'd talked to Primus.
"They really hooked you up, didn't they?" Her entire being beamed with pride, shining so bright it seemed to come right from her spark.
"Yeah, isn't this cool? This is what it's like to live big, never thought I'd be here. Both of us." My confidence began to drain then, her soft, welcoming voice really got to me.
"Uh, yeah. Both of. . . us."
"So you wanna hear all that stuff about Primus, huh?" She made me sit, then flopped herself down next to me.
"Well, it's not really my choice, that's your secret, not mine." She leaned close to me to whisper something. I had memorized every feature of her, every single piece of armour, every little scratch, every line that made her the way she was.
"Well, between you and me, Primus said I could share with someone that I could trust with my life. I want to tell you, if you wanna hear." My spark melted, but I didn't break contact with her, she was so close. If I could just get a little closer. . .
The doors boomed open suddenly and the two of us stood simultaneously, surprised. Alpha Trion stood in the entranceway, Summer stuttered something that I couldn't catch over his voice.
"Summer, you're late for training."
"Oh, uh, okay. I'll be right there." He didn't move, either ignoring her hint or never catching it. She glanced at me, and I could see the excitement fade into a replaced nervousness. "Ratchet, go explore. Just don't go in the basement, I'll get in trouble if you go down there. If you wanna go home, I understand-"
"Summer, you're late enough as it is. You'll see him again." She gave me a last look of apology before rushing over to her mentor. They both disappeared behind the huge doors. It was never like Summer to run from her responsibilities, maybe she was scared, maybe. . . she just wanted to spend time with me?
"Let's not get jumping to conclusions." I said to myself, trying to persuade myself that I could never be the reason for her forgetfulness.