T.M.I.

I stretched, raking my huge talons through the air. I stood up, stretching my legs and arching my back like a cat, I stretched myself out, preparing for the day. Unfurling my wings, I tested each gear, making sure there were no complications. I stood for a second, breathing in the sweet smell of dawn. It was the smell. Something was wrong. My nose twitched, it wasn't the smell. I paused, listening... for something. Anything. Not a sound. Dead silent. I looked around, it was still a little dark, but it wasn't hard to see. I sniffed the air again, testing all the small tiny details in the air, looking for something out of the ordinary. I turned my head, and continued to search, when suddenly a huge whiff of spilled, warm energon came busting it's way up my nose. I snorted. Something happened. What happened?

I woke up, and it was dead silent. I never onlined like that. I sat up, comming several different troop leaders. None answered. It was pissing me off. 'What the shit? Why wasn't anyone answering me?' I stood, walking out of my headquarters and down the hallway, searching for any troops.

Nobody.

Not one person walked or guarded the halls. Obviously they were taking a break or something. But something in my gut told me otherwise. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong.

::Shockwave.::

I waited for a response.

::Yes, my Liege?::

His voice was gravelly, like he had just woken up.

::Where is everyone? Why aren't they at their posts? I don't see anybody. I don't hear anybody. I don't hear anything. What's going on?::

I kept my head low to the ground, and my wings pinned to my back to enable me to move faster as I tore through the wrecked town. It wasn't long before I made it to the cathedral. Two guards were dead at the entrance. I sniffed the corpses. Only a few minutes ago did those two die. I stood still, listening again. I didn't hear anything. Which was so weird. Silence.

The wind was one of the few sounds, but nothing else. Not the screeching of metal, or any sounds that were created by something that was moving. Whoever it was that was here, had to be inside. But I couldn't get in, I was much too large to patrol the halls. They would have to come out eventually. They couldn't bridge off the tremendous tower. I knew that. I would wait, until someone, gave me some type of orders.

I sat. And sat. And sat.

Smelling the wind, straining to hear anything out of the ordinary. It was a long time. Nobody said anything through the comm. whoever it was, must've scrambled the system. I was listening hard.

Footsteps.

Small, light pitter patters reached my ears. They were coming in my direction. I had my plan. They didn't know I was there, but I knew where they were. I stayed still, and quiet, blending in with the dark hues of my leaders castle. They got close, very close, when suddenly, they stopped. I heard a faint ringing noise.

Phaseshifter.

The one called Smokescreen was walking through the walls casually, looking to see if the escape route was clear. I followed him, he still didn't know I was there. I became a stalker, hiding in the light of dawn. I could smell him. I could hear him. I knew where he was, although I couldn't see him. I heard him turn, and I backed into the shadows again. Dimming the lights in my optics, I watched as he stepped out of the wall. He looked around briefly, and then he spoke into his comm.

::Alright guys. It's all clear. I'm itching to get outta here, the place is making me nervous.::

I held back the low growl that was threatening to come out. I would wait for the others, and then I would cook them. I would kill them all. For what they did, to the Decepticons. They only caused problems for the 'Cons, and I wanted to get rid of them. The front doors opened. Optimus Prime stepped out, Ratchet followed. And then the others. Counting the rude WheelJack one.

They all looked a little nervous.

"You know, we never saw that Predacon that took Ratchet. Maybe they have a separate kennel for it." Commented Smokescreen.

"Shhh. She might be around, we can't risk that." WheelJack hissed at him.

"Hey, Ratchet. Didn't you say she was an Autobot? She'd make a really cool partner. We would totally be friends." Smokescreen said aloud.

Friends?

What was a friend? Was that a good thing? It sounded good. I wanted to be a friend.

"We have to be farther away for the groundbridge to work. So let's get going." The Prime stated.

I couldn't let them leave. Just as they were about to "roll out" I blocked their path. Everyone turned pale. They pointed their blasters at me, but didn't fire.

"You think I would let you leave? You think you can fool me? I'm a superior being, much smarter than all of you combined. Your not leaving."

Ratchet leaned over, and whispered something into Optimus's ear. The Prime looked me in the eyes and said,

"You honestly feel that way? Your not just trying to sound like all the others?"

'What kind of question is that?!?'

"What kind of question is that? Of course.... I...." I struggled to say what I intended.

He watched me. The other bots were appalled that their leader had said that. The looked at him with wide, scared optics. He didn't break eye contact with me. I glared at him. I knew better than to converse with the Prime. He was sneaky, and so were the others. I couldn't let them slip past my guard.

"I'm better, smarter and stronger than all of you. I should just kill you now, and save more time, with less problems." I said.

Suddenly, the medic stepped passed his leader, and spoke.

"You can't feel so hostile against us, you were once an Autobot, there's no point in trying to lie to us."

I snarled, smoke curling from my nostrils with anger.

"How did you know that??"

He stared at me blankly.

"I'm not stupid. I can get passed the lousy security on Shockwaves super computer."

'They need to die,' I told myself. Why couldn't I kill them? It's what Megatron would want. It felt wrong to even think about hurting them. Why did I suddenly have a change of heart? What was wrong with me?

***Hullur!! Chapter update. Hope you don't mind. Um, yeah. I have school. So I don't post or write much. But I'll try to get to everything. Yeah. So. Awesomeness. Enjoy. I'll work on the next one best I can.

I Live to Serve

~SummerLeighanne