Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Mary, Sasha, and I walk out of the locker room together. "I hate P.E.," I comment. Sasha giggles, "That's the fifth time you've said it in the last ten minutes." I nod, "I just hate it that much." Mary laughs loudly, "Well, you aren't very good at it." I give her a glare.

Of course, Mary just happened to love Physical Education. She enjoyed having the guys stare at her perfect body in tight, small clothes, claiming it was amusing that Matt threatened everyone. Sasha and I, on the other hand, did not enjoy it. We both found it terribly enraging that the couch forced us to play with the boys. Our mates teased us the whole time, because we weren't very good at it. Sure, we were werewolves, meaning we were great at physical activity, but... Just not all of it. Sasha and I both liked running, volleyball, and dancing. Other stuff, was just... Blah. Like, ugh, why?!

Two masculine arms wrapped around my waist, interrupting my thoughts. "Hey," James whispers, and I lean into him. "Hi," I say, closing my eyes, and enjoying the moment or sweet bliss.

He kisses my head softly, and I sigh. "Ew, guys," my friend trots up to us. I laugh, "Oh, hey, Molly." She grins, "Hey, I found you!" I scrunch up my face, "You were looking for me?" She nods, "I was wondering if I could catch a ride with you, cause my brother didn't come today, so he isn't giving me a ride home." I look at James, hopefully. He nods, and I turn back to my new friend, "Sure thing, Molls."

I had met Molly in second period, and we just clicked. She also was in my fifth period, sixth, and eighth. Molly was drop dead gorgeous; with dark brown hair colored with caramel highlights, brown eyes, and a soft face. She was a bit short, probably around "5'5, "5'6. She didn't seem to mind, though, claiming it gave her an excuse to wear heels everywhere. She lived in our pack house, but when I had moved in she was on a trip with her cousins. Molly was in my friend's "group", meaning she ate lunch with us and everything, along with a few others.

I had learned quite a few things about Molly, and vise versa. Molly's parents were never here; always traveling the world together, but she apparently didn't even care. She had a twenty-four year old brother, whom worked as an English teacher at our high school. Evidently, he wasn't at school today because he found his mate this morning. I'm fairly sure anyone would skip school or their job for that, so I didn't blame him. She hated peanut butter, loved yogurt, and couldn't stand it when people acted as if that knew everything. She seemed easy to get along with, but it wasn't hard to see she had a quick temper. Don't try her, basically. She was a great person; inside and out, so I was glad to call her my friend.

My phone rings and as soon as I see the caller I.D. I cringe, feeling guilty. James tenses, "Is something wrong?" I shake my head, "Nope, I have to take this, though." I step away, a little, and answer my phone.

"Jessica Natalia Hastings!" the shrill voice of my best friend shrieks, "Where have you been all my life?" I sigh, "I'm sorry, Ali!" Alison, my very best friend since preschool, doesn't take shit from anyone. "Sorry my ass, Jess! What the hell? I haven't gotten a single phone call this whole time you've been gone. I demand an explanation, now." I bite my lip, "I've been a bit preoccupied." I glance at James and Ali replies, "Please, what could be more important than letting your best friend know what's happening? Thank goodness your kind mother sends me a quick text every now and then. Wait! Did you find your mate?!?" I smile, "Yes, Alison, I found my mate." She shrieks, excitedly, "Yay! Congrats, Jess! Okay, well, I love you and all, but I got to go. Just... Go find your mom." "What-why?" I ask. She just hangs up on me. What the hell?

"Hey, babe, you okay?" James asks, stepping towards me. I nod, "My best friend, Alison, was just acting weird. She said to go talk to my mom or something. So, let's just get back to the pack house." He nods, "Can I take you somewhere first?" I shrug, "Sure, but doesn't Molly need a ride?" He shakes his head, "Joey and Sasha are giving her a ride." I nod, "Okay."