Chapter 8

(First of all, sorry for the wait. Second, enjoy, please. Third, next chapter will not take long at all. Fourth, again, sorry.)

CHAPTER 8

****one month later****

"Are you okay, babe?" James asks, holding my hair up. I groan, shut the toilet bowl, and lay down on the cold floor. "Jess?" James pulls me into his arms. "I think I have the flu," I decide. He nods, "That's quite possible. It's going around school." "I know," I whisper, weakly. He bites his lip, "Okay, I'm staying home with you today." "No!" I exclaim. He raises an eyebrow, "Excuse me?" "No! You have that huge alpha meeting today. No way are you staying here. Your father will murder you," I explain. He gives me a look, "Fine, I'll go." I give him a small smile as he adds, "But I'm having the girls come to watch over you."

"Can you stand up?" James asks, after kissing my forehead. "Nope," I say, with a hint of a smirk on my face. James chuckles, "I know, I know... You just want me to carry you." I smile up at him and he picks me up and carries me to the bed.

"What time is it?" I question. "Ten o'clock am," my mate responds. "You're late!" I scold, "Go to the meeting, James!" He scowls, "Are you sure?" "James Samuel Jefferson!" I glare at him. "Okay, okay!" He groans. I smile, "Have a great day."

Ten minutes later I hear the door opens, and a bubbly Alison holds up a key, "James lent me his key." I smile, "Come in, Ali." Behind Alison, follows Mary, Sasha, Molly, and Taylor. Each of the girls have an item in their hand, and I grin. "You sure know how to make a girl feel loved," I say, giggling.

Alison, also, holds a box of tissues. Mary holds up a new pair of sweatpants. Sasha holds up a girly movie collection. Molly is carrying a deck of cards, and a coffee. Taylor carries a tub of vanilla ice cream. "Thanks," I smile.

"Go put on your sweatpants," Mary demands, and I realize all the girls have a matching pair in a different color. I got the pink ones. "Yes ma'am."

I come back and all the girls are cuddled up in my bed, and I join in. "You don't look sick," Molly says, looking me up and down. "I threw up this morning," I reply. She shrugs indifferently, "You look good, then."

"What movie are we watching?" I ask, and Alison grins. "Clueless!" Ali exclaims. Clueless was Alison and I's favorite movie. Taylor throws the ice cream at me, "Enjoy, Jess." I smile gratefully, "I'm starving." Molly hands me the coffee, "Um, James told us you just ate." I nod, "So?" "You've been hungry so much lately," Sasha mumbles. "And?" I press. "You look like you've been putting on some weight," Alison states, bluntly. I gape at her, "I don't think so."

Standing, I find the mirror and lift up my tank top, seeing a bit more stomach than I would've liked. "I didn't realize," I gasp. The girls circle me, examining me closely. "Should I go on a diet or work out more?" I ask them, staring in horror at the gained weight.

Mary raises an eyebrow, "You're not pregnant?" I start wobbling, "You guys thought I was pregnant?" I question. "Yes," Alison breathes out. "I can't be pregnant," I say, putting my hands on my bulging stomach. "You didn't even suspect you were pregnant?" Taylor asks. "No!" I yelp. "I think you had morning sickness when you threw up. I don't think you have the flu," Sasha says quietly, pushing her glasses further up her nose. "You think I'm pregnant?" I yell. Molly puts her arm around my shoulder, "It's a possibility." "It isn't a possibility! We use condoms!" I shout, becoming dizzy. "What about the first time you guys had sex?" Sasha questions. I shake my head, "Oh my. We didn't use anything. I'm not on birth control." I feel myself swaying back and forth. "Jessica?" Ali asks, and I black out.

When I wake, I'm lying in my bed with Alison and Molly on either side of me. Mary and Sasha pace across the room, obviously in deep thought. I sit up and gasp, "I'm pregnant." "Maybe!" Taylor exclaims, strutting into the room while holding up a pregnancy test. "Don't jump to conclusions," Mary commands.
********************************************

"Everything's going to be okay!" Alison insists. "I don't believe it," I sob, burying my tear stained face into my best friends shoulder. She rubs my back, "You're having a precious little baby!" "Oh my!" I shriek. "What if James doesn't want a baby?" I manage between my crying. "Are you kidding me? He'll be so happy!" Sasha reassures me.

"I'm only seventeen! He's about to turn eighteen! Why would he want a child?" I whisper, biting my nails. Ali swats my hand, "Stop that, you can't be serious. James is much better than that! He'll be as in love with the idea of that baby as he is with you." I smile through the tears, "You think?" Alison pulls me into a hug, "I know, sweetheart."

I stand up and silently make my way to the mirror. Through all the crying, I manage to smile. I lift up my shirt and put my hands on my stomach, "I'm having a baby." A grin breaks out on my face, "It'll be my baby; my son or daughter... I'm a mommy." All the girls smile at me.

(So, that was a surprise. I've been re-writing this chapter. It took so long to perfect it. I've been planning this twist. Adorable, right?)