Chapter 1

( So, here's chapter one! I hope y'all give this story a chance... It will be a bit confusing in the beginning but it's explained... So yeah, read it please :) )

                 CHAPTER 1

     "Jessica?" Dad called. "Yes?" I asked, annoyed. "Honey, we really have to go." Ugh. I know we really have to go. He's been telling me that for the past ten minutes. I stomped my foot on the ground, wishing I was five again... But, no! I have to be seventeen freaking years old. So apparently it's not lady-like to stomp your foot. That's bull crap.

     I grabbed my purse and walked slowly out the door. "Hurry!" my mother exclaimed, grabbing my hand and dragging me through the front door. "Looks like I don't have a choice," I grumbled.

     My mom got into the passenger seat next to my Dad. I sit in the back pouting. Mom turned around to face me," Jessica, darling, I'm sorry. You know, I really am. I just think this better for all of us." I turned my head away from her stare. Better for us my ass... How on earth is moving supposed to solve anything?! ITS NOT!!!

     "Jessica?" My mom asked. I ignored her.

     "Jessica?" Well, someone's a little persistent.

     "JESSICA?!" My mom screamed.

      I looked her in the eye with determination," Yes mother?" "Look, I know you're mad..." Mad? I was furious. How on earth did she expect me to be okay with just dropping my whole life and moving? Seventeen years of my life spent in Lenore-wood, and they want me to move?? "I am more than mad! How is moving going to solve anything?!" I demanded, catching my mom by surprise.

     My Dad stopped the car and turned around to look at me," Do not talk to your mother that way!" "Fine, Dad... What do YOU hope to accomplish by moving away?!?" My father looked straight into my eyes," A chance to start over." I glared at him. "IT WON'T BRING HIM BACK!!" I yelled. My mother burst into tears and buried her face in my father's chest. My father growled," Damn it, Jessica Hastings!" "IT'S TRUE!" I screamed.

     He turned around and started up the car. I regretted saying that. Charlie was a sensitive subject. My parents say he has nothing to do with us moving, but I know better. He is the only reason we're moving. I loved Charlie. My little eight year old brother was a handful but anyone who met him knew he was an awesome person, inside and out. Little rascal; never got in trouble for stealing my things. Was the little angel... Pfft. Ha. Ha. Yeah, right. I swear he hid my underwear somewhere!

     He was great in school, athletics, and was the perfect little third grader. I loved him so much. He was always smiling, and whether the smile was mischievous or just genuine it shone brighter than all the others. His golden hair bright as the sun and his sparkling blue eyes. Aw, he was such a cutie.

     I will always remember that day... That day that changed my life forever. I was in fourth period, science, and Mr. Fender got a call from the office telling me I was checking out early. I headed down to meet my grandmother. "Gran?" I asked. "Hi hon," she said with a sad smile, leading me to the car.

     Later that evening I was informed that my little brother was walking home from school with his best friend, Marie, and the snake... It came out of no where. A snake bit my brother and Marie. I was informed that my brother had gotten the worst of it and when the neighbors found him... It was too late. Marie was almost gone, but she managed to survived.

     This happened about three months ago. I mourned and cried repeatedly and never went to school. I locked myself in my room and stopped eating for days at a time. I became ill and eventually had to pick myself back up but I still felt empty. Then one night the little golden haired, blue eyed angel, showed up in my dream. The whole time I could do nothing but hug him. He whispered in my ear during this, telling me he loved me and missed me and everything would be alright. He made me promise to move on though. I couldn't say no to the angel. So, I started up my life again, though I knew it would never be completely the same. Now, we're moving, and I'm pretty sure when my brother told me to move on he didn't mean I should move to a new place.