Chapter 9

(I apologize for the long wait for an update. I have some serious writers block. If anyone has ideas, please feel free to contact me.)

I hold the pregnancy test in my hand, smiling. "James is going to be so excited," Ali exclaims. The rest of the girls already left.

"What am I going to be excited about?" James asks, walking into the room. I hide the test behind my back. He raises his eyebrows, "What do we have here?" I smile, and Alison slips out of the room. "That's for me to know and you to find out," I tease, giggling as he slowly approaches me. He grins, "You're going to tell me." I nod, moving in front of him.

My mate looks down at me, "What's behind your back, Jessica?" I hand him the pregnancy test, and he stares in shock. Obviously, he was not expecting this either. His eyes flash back and forth between me and the positive test, and I get worried. Maybe Alison was wrong. Maybe James would be horrified.

I look down, and feel two hands wrap around me, lifting me into the air and spinning me around. I laugh, looking down at his grinning face. He puts me down and bends down to wrap me in his muscular arms. He buries his face in my neck, and I feel a tear.

"What's wrong?" I ask, grabbing his jaw to bring his face in front of mine. He shakes his head, smiling, "Jess, love, nothing's wrong! I'm just so happy." The biggest smile in the world finds it's way onto my face, "I've never seen you cry before!" He stands up straight, "Sorry, I was just overjoyed." I jump at him, and he lands on the bed with me on top of him, "Don't apologize! I love you so much." He grins, "I love you too, babe."

His eyes suddenly light up, and he slowly lifts my shirt. He stares in awe at my stomach and brings his lips to it, and plants a tiny kiss on it. He whispers, "Hi baby, I'm your Daddy, and I can't wait till you're here." I start crying, laughing at James talking in his baby voice.

"Are you okay?" He asks, turning his attention back to me. "Of course I am. I don't think I've ever been happier." It was true. In the last month, James and I's relationship had been very emotional. I had told him about my little brother, and he was there for me in a way my parents never could be. Our families had gotten together, and become very good friends. Everything was falling into place.

*************************************
Standing next to James, I try to hide my smile as he hands the pregnancy test to our parents. My father tries to look upset, but he starts grinning. My mother engulfs me in a hug, and I start crying, "I'm so happy, Mom!"

James is surrounded by his parents, and they turn to hug me. Kelly grins, "Oh, congratulations sweetheart!" I wrap my arms around her. James speaks up, "Are you guys ready to be grandparents?" His father responds, "Although it's a little early," he gives us both a glance, "I am very excited to meet my grand-baby."

I can't stop smiling, and all the sudden I'm bawling my eyes out. James freezes, "Babe, are you okay?" He kneels down to my eye level, "Jess?" "James, I'm great." The worry disappears from his eyes, and he puts his arm around me.

By now, half the pack has gathered around the alpha family to see what's going on. James looks to me, as if a question. I nod my head and he raises my hand in the air, "My mate has fallen pregnant with the next generation of the alpha line!" Cheers surround us and I grin at everyone happily. I don't think I've ever been happier.

*************************************
I wake up screaming, with sweat dripping down my face. James shoots up, "Baby, what's wrong?" His arms wrap around me, pulling me into his lap. I try to shake him off, and he lets go shocked. My arms reach for my stomach, and im relived to know my baby is still there.

"I had a nightmare," I tell him, tears falling from my eyes. His eyebrows scrunch together. "They remind me of the ones I used to get about my brother. It's so real, James," I whisper.

"I had given birth to a still born. I swear, it was real. Our baby is in danger." He shakes his head, brushing his fingers through my hair to soothe me, "Jessica, they're just dreams. Our baby is fine." I nod, trying to make sense of everything. His hands find their way to my small baby bump, and I put my hands over his. Deep down, I know everything is fine, but not for long.