Chapter 14

"I'm so, so sorry," Dinah said as Camila and I made our way to Ashtyn's hospital room. Her cheeks had tears stains and her eyes were bloodshot. "Mani brought my almond milk over to the room and the girls wanted some. I wasn't thinking and let them have some, and next thing you know Ashtyn is telling me her throat felt funny."

"How is she?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"They were able to get her breathing under control and tested her for any other allergies she may have only a few moments ago."

"Is she awake?"

"She was a few minutes ago, but her eyes lids were heavy," she stated.

"I'm going to get a drink before I go in there, do you want anything?" Camila asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"No thanks," I said before letting her walk down the hallway to find a vending machine

"I'm so sorry, Lauren," Dinah croaked out, tears running down her cheeks.

"It wasn't your fault, Dinah," I told her truthfully. "No one knew she had a tree nut allergy until tonight. I'm sorry you had to find out this way," I said, pointing towards the hospital door.

"You're not mad?" She asked, wiping away the tears.

"How could I be mad? You literally saved my daughter's life. In fact, I'm fucking grateful you rushed her straight to the hospital."

"But I ruined you and Camila's date."

"Camila and I can can reschedule our date at anytime and honestly you were ruining anything."

"You're still my Lauser?" She sniffled.

"Forever and always," I smiled, pulling the Polynesian into a tight embrace.

"Alright, enough hugging," Camila spoke up, causing Dinah to pull away from my hug. .

"Aw Camz, there's no need to be jealous. There's enough of me to go around," I smirked, pulling my wife closer to me.

"I'm not jealous," she stated, unscrewing the cap off her soda. "I just don't want you getting sick from Dinah germs."

"Whatcha tryna say Walz?" Dinah asked, raising one eyebrow.

"I'm not saying anything," she said, taking a sip from her Coke.

"C'mere boo," Dinah smirked, pulling Camila into a hug.

"Dinah!" she squealed, immediately pulling herself away from the Polynesian. "You made me spill my soda everywhere," she stated. Both Dinah and Camila's clothes had Coke spilled on it as well as the floor.

"Nah Walz, you started it," she said, folding her arms across her chest.

"Would you two stop acting like a bunch of three year olds and clean up this mess?" I finally spoke up.

"You heard her China."

"Nah Walz, this was all your fault," Dinah said, pointing at Camila.

"You were the one who hugged me!"

"I honestly can't with you two right now," I mumbled, leaving the two to argue like a bunch of three year olds.

"I love you, Ashtyn. Stay strong," Normani said, holding Ashtyn closely to her while the two of them stared at her phone.

"Hi," I spoke up, making my presence known. I silently closed the door behind me before making my way over to the two girls. "What are you two doing?"

"I'm reading her tweets that our fans left her," Normani answered, scrolling on her phone for probably for tweets.

"Hi Mama," Ashtyn yawned, but still managed to hold a smile.