Chapter 28

"Mani, have you seen Camila?" I asked frantically. "I've been searching for her all afternoon."

"Uh, yeah, she in the room over there," the confused dark-skinned girl said as she pointed behind her.

"Thank you," I said in a rush before jogging down the hallway.

I stopped at the end of the hallway and peered into the last empty room. The petite Latina sat up straight as she typed quickly on her laptop. I took a few deep breathes before knocking on the door.

"Hey Camz," I said as I slowly entered the room.

She continued to type without answering me.

"Camz," I said again as I walked closer. "Did I do something wrong, Babe?" I questioned, wondering why she wasn't replying to me.

As I walked closer, I noticed a white cord running from her computer to her ears.

"Camz," I said louder as I tapped on her shoulder.

The younger girl jump up; ripping her headphones out of her ears.

"Lauren," she breathes heavily, placing her hands over her heart. "It's only you."

"Sorry," I apologized. "If you want me to leave I will."

"No, no, stay," she said as she sat back down. "Come pull up a chair."

I walked across the room and grabbed a black foldable chair. I unfolded it and sat down before scooting closer to my wife. She scrolled through the pages of clothes listed on Children's Place.

"Babe, the girls don't need any new clothes. Their closet is already overflowing."

When Camila was pregnant with the twins, she went out and bought every gender neutral baby clothing she could find. When we found out we were expecting two girls, her shopping addiction worsened.

"They're gonna need some for our vacation.

"Vacation? What? Camz, we can't go on a vacation. We're still on tour and we have award shows coming up. Then it's September and the girls have school and their birthday. Don't forget we everything Fifth Harmony we have to do."

"You just talking about our todo list gives me a headache, but it's already too late. I already booked our vacation."

"And when was this?"

"A few minutes ago," she answered simply as she continued to scroll down the page.

"And when were you planning on telling me about this vacation?"

"Later tonight with the girls. It was supposed to be a surprise, but now that it's not a surprise anymore I guess I can tell you a little about it."

"Go on," I said, interested in what the brown-eyed girl planned.

"We head to Orlando right after the teen choice award with the girls, our family, and basically the whole gang. We're going to spend three days there to celebrate the girls' birthday even though their birthday is a little over a month away. Then from there, you, Ash, Kay, and I are off to a private island where there's no family or friends, no fans, and no paparazzi. It's a much needed getaway."

"That actually sounds really nice."

"I know," she said, clicking off the website.

She grabbed my icy hand and interlocked her slender fingers with mine. I watch as she stroke her thumb against mine.

"How you feeling?" She asked.

"Isn't that something I should ask you?"

"I'm fine."