Chapter 15

"Mama, I'm sexually frustrated," Ashtyn complained, slamming her headless Normani Barbie doll on the table.

"Ashtyn," I choked. "Where did you hear that?"

"Mommy taught me that big word," she said with a proud smile on her face.

Before the reunion tour, I use to teach the girls a difficult word every week. Once Camila got custody of the girls, she also helped the girls learn a new word. It became a Jauregui-Cabello family activity.

"Ash, do you know what those words mean?"

She bit her bottom, a habit she picked up from Camila before answering my question. "Frustrated means you get mad when you can't do something," she smiled. "Right Mama?"

"That's right, baby," I praised. "But do you know what sexually means?" I asked bluntly, hoping there is some part of Camila that will keep out daughter's brains innocent.

"No," she answered, shaking her head. "What does it mean, Mama?"

"You'll find out when your older, okay?"

"That's what everyone says," Ashtyn pouted. "I'm not a baby."

"You're my baby, Ash," I said, pulling my green eyed toddler into my arms.

"Babies wear diapers, Mama. I wear big girl undies," Ashtyn acknowledge.

"You may not look like a baby, but you will forever be my little baby."

"Even when I'm really old?" Ashtyn asked, looking up into my eyes.

"Even when you're 102," I admitted, kissing her forehead.

"Can I play dress up game?" She asked, referring to one of the many games her and Kayne downloaded on my phone.

"Sure," I said, unlocking my phone and handing it to her.

"Aye Lauser, you need anything?" Dinah asked as she appraised the front of the bus.

"Where are you going?"

"Ally has to go number two and we need snacks, so do you need anything?"

"No, I'm good."

"What about you, little annoyin'?"

"Hot Cheetos," Ashtyn answered, not removing her eyes from the screen.

"You're not getting hot Cheetos."

"Yes I am," Ashtyn replied. "Aunty DJ, get me hot Cheetos plwease," Ashtyn said, stretching out the 'please'.

"Move, I have to go!" Ally yelled as she pushed past Dinah and ran out the door.

"I'm going to go before her shit smells up the entire store."

"Don't cuss in front of my child," I said, giving Dinah a stern look.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Dinah said, slipping on her flip flops before walking off the bus.

"Mama, grandma is calling," Ashtyn said, holding up my phone so I could see the scream.

"I'll be right back, Ash," I said, taking the phone out of her hand and removing my grip from her body.

She ran to the back of the bus while I walked off the bus. A gush of warm air hit against my face. I took in a big breathe of the warm Mississippi air before redialing my mom's number.

"Hi mommy," I said through the phone, my voice sounding a tad higher than usual.

"Lauren Michelle," my mom said through the line in her calm tone of voice.