Chapter 7 Aftermath

xxSam_Winchesterxx for helping me with this chapter. Love you babe 😘

Waking up the next day, Castiel felt he's been hit by a truck. He was physically weak and his painkillers weren't working. His throat was killing him and talking was out of the picture. One word and his throat was burning, even his voice was bearly audible. At one point, Castiel needed a drink and he couldn't speak. Dean was sleeping and he didn't want to wake him up. The angel got up slowly and tried reaching for the call button but was aggravated that he couldn't reach it.Dean sensed movement and slowly woke up, seeing Castiel trying to reach something.
"What's wrong cas."Unable to speak, the angel pointed at his throat then back to the call button.
"Oh." Dean handed Castiel the call thing.Castiel pushed it and not long later a nurse came in.
"What is it sweetie?" She asked giving him a note pad with a pen.
Water would be nice and I'm running low on painkillers. He wrote. The nurse smiled
"I'll be back in a sec." She returned with a syringe and a glass of water. While he was getting more painkillers, Cas drank the cold water which felt like heaven.
"Thanks." He said hoarsely.The nurse nodded and walked out of the room. Dean rubbed Castiel's back soothingly.
"Feeling better?" Castiel nodded.
"A little." He said dryly.Dean nodded and watched Castiel closely.Castiel saw Dean looking at him.
"What?" He asked, feeling himself lose his voice.Dean shook his head.
"Nothing. Rest your voice ok?"Castiel shook his head and rested against Dean.Dean held him close, wanting his angel to rest and get better.Castiel took the notepad.
Are you okay? Dean nodded
"Of course I'm okay."Castiel nodded gently intertwining his hand with Dean's.Dean held his hand, running his thumb over the back of his hand.Castiel sighed and looked up at Dean.
"Bunker...get some air."
"I'll be fine. I don't want to leave you."
"Sure?" Castiel coughed.
"I'm sure." Castiel kissed his cheek. "Love you." Dean smiled.
"I love you too." Castiel faintly smiled. He looked sick, he knew he was pale and was weak to go anywhere but his bright eyes proved that he was still living.Dean loved every part of Castiel, from his raven hair to his pink plump lips. He loved every part of him.Castiel noticed Dean looking at him and he wrote.
Why are you looking at me?
"Because you are a beautiful sight." Castiel shook his head no.
"Yes you are. From that black hair that is always perfectly styled to your gorgeous blue eyes that I drown in." Castiel blushed and wrote.
I would rather say this than write it but I'm attracted to you on the outside too. I love your eyes and your soft hair. Dean smiled, kissing his cheek. Castiel kissed him back.Dean was shocked that Castiel turned his head at the last minute but didn't mind at all as he kissed back. Castiel was gently kissing Dean. He wasn't able to do much but if he can at least do this then he was happy with himself. Dean didn't want to hurt Castiel, so he kept it soft. Castiel sat up slightly and ran his fingers through Dean's hair as they kissed. Dean hummed happily and began to pull away. Castiel looked at him with saddened eyes. Dean got the hint and went back to kissing him. Castiel smiled and kissed him back. A minute later he gently pulled away. He felt bad he wasn't able to last long kissing his boyfriend.Dean smiled.
"Still a damn good kisser." Castiel smiled.
"You...too." Dean laid his head on Castiel's shoulder. Castiel grinned and petted Dean's hair. Dean leaned into Castiel's touch. Castiel gently kissed Dean's hair and laid back. Dean laid back with him. Castiel looked up at the ceiling, he was board and wanted to leave. He hated hospitals and wants to be back at the bunker.Dean looked up at Castiel.
"You ok?" Castiel nodded. Dean nodded back. Castiel grabbed the notepad.
I wanna leave. Dean read over it.
"We will be able to soon." Castiel sighed, he wanted to leave now. Being here was starting to make him depressed. Dean saw the happiness drain from Castiel's eyes, and knew he wouldn't be happy here for much longer. Castiel turned away from Dean. He didn't want him to see that he was hurting. Dean held him close.
"It's gonna be ok cas." Castiel didn't respond to Dean. He faced the other direction. Dean nuzzled into his neck.
"We will be out of here soon enough."
"Now." He said. Dean didn't know exactly when they would leave, but he agreed with Castiel, he wanted to leave.