Ch.2 Dauntless My Home

After choosing we ran to the train we climbed on and I was lucky to have Peter in the same car. "Hey your Peter right" I said, he said "yeah why you gotta problem sweet heart" and smirked. I rolled my eyes and said "do you know Jane Hemmings". He sighed and said "yeah but then" and he didn't finish. "I'll tell you later once we're at Dauntless" he said and I nodded. "Get ready" someone said. This was my favorite part about trains was jumping off. I jumped off and landed in my feet and ran over to the leaders. "Listen up I'm Eric one of your leaders, to get into Dauntless you have to jump, and if you don't have the guts to jump then you don't belong in Dauntless, so who wants to go first". "I will" I said, and I walked up and Eric smirked. I glared at him then I got on the ledge and did a back flip. Once I fell in the net I went up again and then fell over and saw Four "hey Four" I said. "Hey Zoe" he said and brought me down. "First jumper Zoe" Four shouted and I walked over by Lauren and waited for the rest of the people. There was ten Dauntless, one Candor, and four Erudite. Lauren took the Dauntless since we didn't need the tour around Dauntless. We went to lunch and then ten minutes later the others come. We ate and then went to the pit and Four and Eric told what we are going to do. Then it was dinner and we went to dinner and sat by Peter and said "so you have no friends too" he nodded and said "you don't have friends". "Well my friend left to Amity and the other Dauntless don't talk to me so I don't have any other friends". He nodded and said "well we can be friends" I nodded and said "that would be amazing" he he laughed and said "so we're friends now" we laughed. "So about my sister tell me" I said, he sighed and said "she died" and I said "I have to go see you later" and ran off to the chasm. I sat there crying and then after five minutes I heard running and then he said "what's the matter". It was Eric and so I went over to him and said "since Peter was from Candor and my sister went to Candor I asked him how my sister was and he said she died". Then Eric gave me a hug and I was surprised since he was a mean leader but it was so gentle and I hugged back and he said "I'm so sorry" and we stayed hugging and then he said "lets go to my apartment and talk" I nodded then we went to his apartment and we got there and he said "go clean up and then come to the living room" and I nodded and he showed me the bathroom and I went in and wiped my eyes and face then came out and went to the couch. Eric said "do you know how long your sister has been dead" I said "no, Peter didn't say". Eric nodded and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I don't know how to tell my parents but I might be able to tell my dad since he works in the control room, my mum works at the fence. Then Eric pulled me on his lap and we hugged until someone knocked on the door and he sat me on the couch and he went to the door and said "what's the matter Luke" it was my dad. "He said "where's Zoe", "on the couch" Eric said. "Can I talk to her" my dad said, "sure" Eric said. Then my dad came in and saw me a gasped and said "what's the matter" I said "Jane is dead" and started crying. Then he started to cry and he hugged. "How did you know I was hear" I whispered dad said "I saw on the cameras that you and Eric was walking then I saw it was to his apartment" dad said. "Well I got to go back" dad said and I nodded then dad said "Eric is it fine that she can stay hear for the night". "Eric nodded and my dad said "Zoe don't cause any trouble for Eric because I let him deal with the punishment" and Eric smirked and I said "can't make any promises" and my my dad smiled and left.