Blink Of An Eye.

In the simple town of Beaufort, British Columbia lived couple so in love, that it tore them apart. It was the summer of 95, and Margo started her day as she normally did, she pulled her brown hair into a small pony tail, combed her bangs and put on something she felt comfortable in, usually jeans and a tank top.

After she was dressed she joined her father for breakfast and his usual morning rant about the book he was currently writing. She didn't mean to zone out while he was talking but she couldn't help but day dream about the life she couldn't wait to start with the love of her life, Harvey.

Harvey was her boyfriend since high school, and now that the two have them had graduated they were dreading for Margo to leave to college. Harvey didn't exactly adapt to education, in fact that's why Margo fell in love with him. The bad boy who all the girls wanted. If it wasn't his long blonde hair he kept swept back and behind his ears, it was his gorgeous brown eyes she fell in love with the first day she spoke to him.

"Need a ride miss?" Harvey pulled up beside her broken down truck on the side of the road with his Harley.

"Yes, please." She smiled at him, trying her darnedest not to blush.

"Hop on than darling." He handed her his helmet. "Here, wear this please."

"Margo.. Are you even listening to me?" Her dad asked while getting up from the table, she hadn't realized how zoned out she was.

"Yes dad, sorry." She apologized while getting up to put her dish in the sink.

"I think we should start packing some of your clothes today hey?" Her dad asked her again the millionth time.

"Um, I kinda already have plans..." She looked down, not wanting to make eye contact because she knew the look he would give her.

"Let me guess? Ride around on your biker boyfriends motorcycle all day?" He rolled his eyes. "Your leaving in one week Margo."

"I know dad, I can start to tonight. I promise." She went to grab her leather coat and give her dad a kiss on the cheek.

"I mean it kid, tonight you better have started packing that room. I pulled a lot of strings to get you into college, I don't want you to waste your life away."

"Okay, I promise to start tonight dad, I love you." She yelled on her way out the front door.

Perhaps it was the slamming of the door, the shaking of the walls as it closed shut, but her father felt something in his stomach that made him queazy. He didn't know those would be the last words he would ever hear his daughter say. He so badly wanted to run after her, make her stay home for once and keep her under his wings for as long as he possibly could. It's not that he didn't trust Harvey, he did. He didn't trust the world beyond his house. He couldn't control her surroundings. For 18 years he's kept himself sheltered behind four walls, writing, raising his daughter that him and his widowed wife made and preparing her for a world he didn't know nothing about.

************************

Margo and Harvey laid under there usually tree outside there town and talked for hours.

"I don't want to go, but I know how badly my dads heart would break if I don't." She could feel tears pooling around her eyes.

"I don't want you to go either, but it's what's right babe. You need to go to college, get a kick ass job and I'll still be right here. Kapeton is only a few hours away, I'll visit every weekend." He went to wipe the few tears that escaped her eyes.

"I wish you could come with me." She sighed.

"It's just not my thing, you know that. Besides, with my dad gone now- who else is going to run the shop?"

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just being selfish." She grabbed his hand and ran her finger across his ring.

"When are we going to tell your dad were married?" He chuckled.

"Maybe when we're thirty." She teased to him. " he's got enough to worry about for now, this would tip him over the edge."

"I'm hungry, let's go get something at the gas station." Harvey decided he would change to subject. "You hungry?"

"Yes. What are you hungry for?" She asked.

"You." He winked to her.

"That's gonna cost you babe. "She teased as she put her helmet on.

"Oh is it now, Mrs. Bower?"

********************
"Ill go in and get us some snacks, watch the bike?" He climbed off and handed her his helmet.

"You got it sir." She smiled her usual mischief smile.

Harvey leaned down to kiss her, which through her off guard. "I could kiss that smile all day."

"I love you." She whispered while looking into his eyes.

"And I love you." He replied before leaving into the store.

Just like her father, Harvey got the same feeling in his stomach. He knew it was silly to miss someone who was just steps away, and just as he looked back over his shoulders he took one last look into her eyes, where merely seconds later a van violently pulls up behind his bike, and grabs her in a blink of an eye.