Whiskey & Wives

Margo had been kept waiting for Mr.Allan for about half an hour, though she wanted to get up and leave, she couldn't bare the thought of jeopardizing her life. Just when she was about to get up, Mr.Allan had casually walked in, with a bandage on his hand that had been injured just over an hour ago, by Rayna.

"Getting impatient, are we?" He asked as he went to sit in his desk. "Listen Margo, I know you must be eager to see your daughter and husband... and father that you've been keeping a secret from us.."

"Mr.Allan, I'm sorry I didn't tell anyone about him. I'm all he has , you cant blame a man for wanting to be with his family... and he's done great here, hasn't he?" Margo tried desperately to make things better by rambling on and on. "I mean, he's settled well with his job, volunteers on weekends.. He really isn't causing anyone any harm, is he?"

"Margo, since the day your father had arrived here, he's done nothing but poke and pry in business that isn't his. We know he is an author, a famous one at that..." Mr.Allan pulled some books out of his desk and placed it in front of Margo.

"He's curious... is all. I mean, you cant blame him. This place... its so unique, it shows a different way of living life. He would never try and do anything to jeopardize this place." Margo figured she might as well suck up to him, after all she wanted to keep her father here in Millwood.

"I'm afraid.. No face doesn't see it that way... He's a threat, Margo. Simple as that. The only reason we've let him stay as long as he has, was for your own sanity.. and to control what he finds.. which is little to nothing." Mr.Allan hadn't gotten directly to his point yet, but by the look on Margo's face he knew she had caught his drift.

"Please sir, I'll do anything. Please, just let him stay. I promise, he won't do anything stupid.. please."Margo began to become emotional, the thought of never seeing her father again was unbearable.

"Margo.. your father doesn't fit in here. He's not married, he doesn't do any real work around here and as far as I'm concerned , he's useless." Just as Mr.Allan got up, his office door opened.

"I said scare the girl a little, god dammit, not send her into a emotional break down. Get out, I'll take it from here... why don't you go rest that hand of yours." No face smirked as she kicked Mr.Allan out of the office.

"Oh come on, I was.. I was only kidding .. " Mr.Allan shouted as the door slammed in his face.

"Calm down sweety, your father can stay.. for now." She went to grab the liquor from the bottom drawer of the desk. "Want a drink?" She asked casually as she poured herself a glass of whisky.

"No thanks.. and thank you.. for letting my father stay, really hes a sweet man, he's just curious is all." Margo sensed familiarity when she looked at No face, who to her - was a stranger.

"Oh, I know sweety." She smirked as she shot back two glasses of whiskey, one after the other.

"You know my father?" Margo asked, now more curious than ever. "Do I know you?"

The lady snorted into her glass. "No, but I know you.. I watch everything that goes on here, day and night.. tell me, how do you like it here? Do you ever miss the boy.. whats his face, with the harley?"

"Harvey..." Margo replied quietly. "Just between us, I miss him dearly everyday." Margo didn't know why she felt so comfortable with this woman, but she felt like she could open up to her.

"I understand.. But you love Mark?" No face loved learning more about her dolls, and this one so happened to be her daughter.

"I do." She sighed. "He's a great father." she added

"His mother was a wonderful woman, she just could never adjust well here, his father raised him most of his life, until he remarried. Margo, you could have everything you wanted .. you're a smart girl." She took another shot of whiskey. "Of course, you could have everything you wanted within the confines of this town."

"Can I ask you a question?" Margo was feeling brave, like she could ask her anything she wanted and not get scolded for it.

"Always." She smiled sweetly at her.

"Do you.. have a family?"

No face looked at Margo, and a huge part of her wanted to tell her the whole truth. "I did. I married right out of high school, got pregnant.. I had it all, .. But my husband was very frugal, he didn't believe in "Stay at home wives", he wanted me to go to work, be someone I didn't want to be... All I wanted was to be the perfect wife..." Guilt began to build up in her stomach.

"So what? You left, came here and thought it would be a good idea to kidnap woman and make them live the life you weren't able to live?" As soon as the words left her mouth, Margo instantly regretted it.

No face just smirked. "Tell me Margo, why is it- you feel so comfortable with me? To talk to me.. to insult me.."

"I'm sorry, I really don't know what came over me." Margo's heart began to beat faster, perhaps she thought she would be punished for her outburst.

"Don't apologize for your feelings darling.. After I left home, I drove here, on accident. There was a sweet old lady, named Vivian. It must had been fate, because she told me about the town down from her cabin her and her husband spent years building. " She took one last drink of whiskey before concluding to her point. "So I took over, in a more sadistic way than I'm sure old Vivian wanted... I take girls who aren't as lucky as others, who strive for being the perfect.. sure I get some now and than that could want nothing more than to be a wife, but those are the ones that make it interesting."

"Which girl am I?" Margo asked curious, since she couldn't decide for herself at the moment.

She put the glass down, returned the whiskey to the drawer and made her way to the door, stopped for a moment before opening and said. "You're my girl...my daughter." and before Margo could say a word, No face was gone..