...l...e...ou | V

There were so many cars it was a miracle I wasn't hit by a car the minute I stepped on the roadway. I heard the sound of horns and brakes squealing as cars desperately tried to avoid me but I was just following Phil's basic command. If I couldn't get this right, then I couldn't get anything right.

Finally, a car tried to swerve too late and I felt the impact as I went over the roof of the car, landing in a heap at the back. I was amazed that I wasn't unconscious or dead yet and the pain was so unbearable. I heard the sound of footsteps against pavement and a blurry black mass of hair invaded the dying light.

"DAN! DAN WAKE UP!" The voice yelled.

I felt my eyes shut and I couldn't get the energy to open them again as I felt life slipping away.

"Dan! Please! I'm sorry!" The voice, I now recognize as Phil, calls.

I try to swat him away, but I can't.

"Please, Dan. I'm so sorry, I never meant for you to take it seriously..."

Well it's too late for that you asshole.

"Please... Please, Dan... I'm sorry..."

I can feel his hot tears on my face. Why is he crying? He's the one who told I couldn't do anything right, told me to do this. I was just showing him that I can indeed do something right. Now I can hear the sirens and a lot of other voices blend with Phils as I feel my body leave the ground.

This can't be happening. No! I don't want them to save me! I need to prove to the world I'm not a failure, that I can do things right. Why?? Why can't they tell I wanted this! Why are they helping me when no one's ever helped me before.

"Dan... Please, hold on... I never meant this..."

Yes you did. Don't lie.

"...l...e...ou"

And I black out.