Chapter 1 Election Year

1 year before:

"Good Morning Nella." "Good morning dad; you are up early." " Nella have a question for you... what would you think about if I ran for president?'"

I could not believe my ears when my dad said that he wanted to run for president of the United States. I was proud that he wanted to fix the states and make it a better country, but I would not want to be known as the presidents daughter. I am happy right now just living in a small town where everyone knows me as Nella. My dad has always put me first for the last 16 years because my mom never wanted to be a parent. I had no idea what to say, so I just sat there wondering what I should say.

After a few minutes I decide that I was going to tell him to run.  He would make a good president because he is a good but way to over protective father.  My dad did not like me saying that I will not go with him because I do not want to be known as the presidents daughter. I taught he was going to back down then but he just said I am not sure about that.  I decide that was a good time to leave for school.

To be honest I hate school so much because through we are a small town you are not respected if you don't know anyone in the high state of town. I get bullied a lot and only have two friends. The bullying is the one thing I have never told my father about because he is so over protective. Also the only person I have told my darkest secret to is my friends Alec who is in a coma because of a drug overdose. If the secret ever came out to my father would not let me out of his sight and I don't blame him for that.

I need to toughen up and learn to live a little bit. Right now I just live in books and don't leave the house past 9:00. So maybe I can learn to live once my father leaves me that is if he leaves me or he gets elected. 

When I get home my dad is sitting at the kitchen table. He calls me in and asks me to sit down, so I do so. He then says "  alright Nella you can stay here with your grandpa." I was shocked at that I never thought he would let me stay. He then goes on to say he will not speak a word of me to the public and will still be looking in on me and grandpa. I say " thank you dad." My dad then says " I trust you Nella and I love you more than anything sweetheart."