Chapter 3 Moving forward

My dad has been gone for a few months and school has just started again. My grandfather has taken sick recently so he has been in and out of hospital. I go over and see him. He was suppose to be helping me but now I am helping him. I am learning to deal with life. I still focus on my schooling but for the first time the other day I skipped school. Not because I was sick just because I could.

Alec has came out of a coma and is returning to school today. I really hope he gets in my class so I am not the lonely kid again. I hate being alone in school because everyone is a bitch and I am a outcast, so there for no one likes me. I have started to wear clothes that show more skin, but with that people have been calling me fat. I don't like to hear it but they are right I weight 115 pounds and that is disgusting. I am starting to cut down on what I eat and how many times I eat. Currently I eat twice a day and only 500 calories in each meal.  If this does not work I will cut back more, but it is only to lose a little bit of weight.

I get to school and some immature boy pushing me making me fall into a girl. The girl shouts watch wear you are going you fat cow. Her name is Irene she is the new girl in town but she is the mayor's granddaughter. Thank good that Alec walked in and came to help up. Every one began to look at him because everyone knew what he did. Some boy with a lot of nerve walked by and said if you fail try... try again. I told the guy to "f*** off," he just laughed and walked away.

Alec was in every class I had this year, thank god. We sat beside each other and asked where is Janie. I looked at him and said her parents are home schooling her now. Janie is my other best friend her dad is the town bartender and her mother is a homemaker. Last year she began to cut herself because of the bulling and the death of her boyfriend. So her parents decided to home school her.

The second the school bell ring signalling that school was over Alec and me booked it over to my place. Alec knows about my dad and so does Janie, he asked me if my dad has called me recently and I said " Yeah two weeks ago, he was going to Asia for a few weeks so he should be calling me soon." Alec says cool. We sat there and talked about our feelings for life and we are both on the same page. Our lives are really not worth it, but we will live it for as long as we can.

My grandfather called me over to his house tonight for dinner. He told me that the reason he is sick is because he has cancer. He told me that he is not going to live that much longer because it is to advance to do anything. I started to cry and he just took me in his arms, while I cried. He told me that everything was going to be okay. I will be fine on my own. I can adapt to any situation that is give to me.

That night I just lie in bed and think about the past year and I see how so much has changed. My grandfather is right I can learn to adapt to life and I will be okay.  I have to be.