Chapter 2 Election Day

Following Year:

I am sitting here on the couch with my grandfather watching the number of votes come on the screen to see who is wining the race to become president. Currently my father is in second place against Danielle Ynote. He has 1 million votes and Danielle has 1 million and five votes. The polls are about to close in ten  minutes so we will see who wins

He did it, my dad is the President of the United States; with almost 2 million votes.  I am so proud of him right now, I cant believe I am the secret daughter of the president.  I look at my  grandfather who says "why don't you get a bus ticket to see your dad get sworn in." I look at my grandfather and say " you don't mind if I do that." He smiles at me and says " you need to learn to live because your father is scared to even let you leave the house." We laugh at that and then my grandfather says "goodnight and goes next door," which is were he lives.

I decided that I am going to go to Washington and watch my dad become the president. I call the booking agency and I leave tomorrow night. I go upstairs to my bedroom and pack a bag. I fall asleep thinking of what my life will become now and what I am going to do with out my dad living with me. It is time for me to grow up and live.

I walk to the bus station and wait for the bus. When I finally board the bus I see that there is only three people including me on the bus. In this case because of my age I look like a runaway. I put my head phones in and shut my eyes.  When I wake up we are just coming to the Welcome to Washington sign. I look at all the cars and all the street shops that we pass. I realize that this is not even like Montana at all.

The bus finally pulls into the bus station and we all exit the bus. The driver gives us our bags and we all depart in different ways. I go into the station and buy a subway ticket to the down town area. I realize that it is not that far from the down town area so I can just walk. People are lining the streets waiting for the presidential parade to begin. I buy a ticket to get into the white house grounds so I can see my dad  be sworn in.

After about two hours I finally see the presidential car heading for the white house. My dad steps out of the short car and is greeted by a whole lot of dignitary's . Soon the old president says his farewells and my dad gets sworn in. He makes his speech and at the ended everyone is clapping and cheering for him. He than shakes some peoples hands and the old presidents hand. Most presidents get in the car and drive a few feet to the front door but my dad walked. A lot of people commented that he was for the people not for himself.  Slowly the crowd was ushered out of the white hands grounds.

The gates closed and people was just in full camera mode. My dad came back out and waved to everyone and then disappeared into the white house.  This would be my last time for I do not know how long in person, the next few times I will see my dad is threw the screen or the papers. I just walk through the streets of Washington going to ward the bus station.

When I get to the station I get my ticket to the next bus back to Montana. I watch a bus come in and people meeting the people getting off the bus. Everything begins to hit me and I have to swallow a lump in the back of my throat. I now realize that my dad is gone and I am still living here in Montana while he is running America.   I am not sure if I can make it with out him, he has always been my rock. He has been my shoulder to cry on, through I have never told him that I broken. He is the only reason why I am still living.