Chapter Sixteen : Dedicated to You

"So when do we start putting this into action?" Keisha asked Melanie.

"We can't . We're still missing something. Someone. Anyone. "

"And who is that and why do we need them?"

     Mel smirked. She knew exactly who it was they were missing. She knew why she needed them too. She knew how to find them and everything. She knew what to do too. Oh how diabolical.

"You just try to raise Lotus's suspicion. I will handle everything else." Mel ordered.

"What you thinking, Mel? I know it's probably evil."

"You wanna make Chris life a living hell and I do too, but we want to give him something good too. So he can think that he ain't gotta worry about nothing." Mel explained to small minded Keisha.

"That would be?"

"You'll see. Then, we could take his prized possession from him. Lotus."

"Lotus ,do you ever wanna get married?" Chris wondered. They were literally laying down doing nothing. Of all things they could do.

"Definitely someday soon. I love yo high yellow self. Looking like the sun yo first cousin."

"For real? I look like the sun is my first cousin?" Lotus nodded "you look like a TV when its turned off."

"I am not that dark skinned. Just because everyone is darker than you that doesn't make them that damn black." Lotus stated.

"In my opinion, it does. Hurry up and get dressed I'm taking you somewhere."

"Ooh, where?" Lotus beamed. She loved going places. She loved it even more when Chris took her somewhere. He was the sweetest. Spoiled her for one. Anything she wanted ,she got.

"Anywhere you want my queen. But first I gotta stop by my Moms."

"I might sound Childish as hell, but I wanna go to Universal Studios. I haven't been there in years."

"Universal Studios it is."

"Are you scared?" Lotus taunted Chris. She was trying to get him to go on The Incredible Hulk ride with her, but he wouldn't .

"No. I just think the ground would miss me if I left it. I mean, who wouldn't miss me if I left them? I'm pretty damn fine." Chris said. Scared.

"The ground should be alright for a few minutes. It has other people walking and standing on it to just miss your ugly ass. Come on."

"What do I get if I go?"

"That depends, what do you want?"

"And you will see later on tonight. I'll go with you but under one condition."

"This should be interesting." Lotus chuckled. Chris got down on one knee in front of the many people in the park. He pulled out a Princess-cut diamond solitaire ring.

    Lotus found herself dazed. She couldn't believe that he'd want to propose after only a year of dating. Almost two years of knowing each other though. At  that moment she realize how deep and true his feelings were for her.

"Lotus you know I love you with everything in me. So much that there is no need to be put in words. So will you marry me?"

"Yes!" He slid the ring on and Lotus looked at how lovely it adorned her finger. Bringing him in for a kiss , she could hear people around them cheering.

   Lotus never thought that she would be engaged at this age. She thought she'd be alone. Turns out she's not. She has someone who is dedicated to her and loves her.

And he has the same..

•••
Awe
Vote
Comment