Chapter Nineteen : Where are They?

"Why would you do it?" Lotus questioned Chris on account of his affair.

"I already said I was sorry."

"You knew that my last relationship didn't end well and you go and do the same thing he did! You ain't shit for that!" She yelled in pure rage. Lotus was livid at his actions. It didn't make sense to her either. She was the perfect girlfriend once again, and got cheated on once again.

"I might not be shit ,but you love me." He chuckled. What the hell is wrong with him?

"I don't want to get married to you anymore, Chris. Its over."

"Don't say that. You know you still love me."

"But do you love me?"

"You know how I feel about you."

"Really? So I'm not good enough for you or something that you had to go and sleep with another woman? That's how you feel? I'm so over you."

Chris was about to reply, but he got a text. It was from Erin. He rolled his eyes and read it.

10:47 a.m-Erin: I need to talk to you.

10:50 a.m- About what? And didn't I tell you not to text my girl? When somebody find yo body in a river you gone be looking real stupid.

10:51 a.m-Erin: Its really important. We need to talk face to face.

10:52 a.m- I'm not meeting up with you anywhere so what is it?

"Are you really texting her right now!?" Lotus semi-shouted at him.

"Well of you were reading the damn conversation while you lurking you wouldn't be yelling at a nigga right now."

"I don't wanna know because its not going to change nothing. I will leave you either way."

"Oh really? Where are we going?"

"We are not going anywhere. Get over yourself ,Chris."

10:59 a.m- Erin: I'm pregnant.

     Chris's eyes damn bears bulged out of his head. Pregnant? It couldn't be his. He couldn't be a Dad yet. Let alone with a girl he wasn't in love with or in a relationship with.

     Lotus saw the message too. She felt hurt, betrayed, anger, and devastated. She wasn't completely mad about it though. She was a bit lenient about it. How dare he stare at the message and not be happy? He was being blessed with a gift from God. A child was something Lotus couldn't give him. Lotus knew she wasn't capable of bearing children ,but she never told Chris and didn't really plan on it.

"Congratulations on the baby Chris." Lotus said barely audible. She couldn't be mad about that. After all, she can't have kids.

"Lotus."

"Leave me alone." She mumbled.

"Baby I--"

"Leave me alone! I don't want to be bothered with you." Lotus found herself yelling at him. On the Verge of crying again. She want about to show weakness and vulnerability though. She grabbed her keys and left. She needed clarity right now.

"Fuck!" Chris shouted throwing the sky blue vase at the wall. How could he let this happen? Lotus slipped right through his fingers. But on a good note, He was ecstatic about his child though. That shined light on the situation. He didn't know if Lotus thought he was stupid or something, but he knew she wasn't really mad about the baby. He caught on her. Chris knew she couldn't have kids. The sometimes when they had sex, he would go raw and Lotus wouldn't know. And she never ended up pregnant.

    But he was going crazy on the inside. He needed his medication before he snapped on the next person he saw. His own insanity could've possibly been the death of him of he didn't have his medication in the next few minutes.

   Dashing upstairs to his bathroom, he desperately searched for his pills in the medicine cabinet. It want there. Not even the bottle. "Where are they!?" He thought. He searches everywhere in the house. It looked as if a twister ran through the beautiful three story home. 

   Chris sat on the floor and pulled his knees to his chest. That's the moment where he remember he that he didn't get his refill. He didn't want to hurt anyone so It was best for Chris to stay in the house instead of going out and dealing with the people of the world. Trapped in his own insanity.

Like the psychopath he is..

••••
Tragic.
Vote
Comment