Chapter 3: The Strange Guy

"W-who are you?" I bravely asked.

"What are you doing with a fae pet egg?" he answered with another question.

A fae pet egg? Is this what this thing called? "You know about this?" I asked back.

The strange guy glared at me with those penetrating purple eyes. Just who in the world is this person. Is he an enemy?

"You mortals shouldn't meddle with these beings. Give that egg to me if you still want to get out of here alive," he warned.

I cannot believe this. Does he intend to kill me? Then this means this guy can't possibly be a good person. If that's the case then I cannot give this egg to him.

"No." I firmly stated trying hard to keep my legs from shaking. I'm honestly scared for my life right now. I shouldn't have gone to the garden if I knew this was going to happen.

His eyes even became more menacing. "Give it to me when I'm still asking nicely,"

Nicely you say? You just threatened to kill me a while ago! I want to say to him, but I couldn't even open my mouth properly. I backed my foot bit as I held the egg tighter. Maybe I can make a run for it? Our house is near so I can probably make it.

Just when I was about to do it, he suddenly appeared behind my back. He's fast!

"Don't even think about running. You will not escape from me." He warned.

I froze in place. I'm too scared to even move a finger, but I should still do something. I cannot die like this! I tried to kick him by surprise, but he easily caught my attack and held my arms captive.

"See? I can just easily take this egg from you and it'll all be over. Yet you had to resist like that so I have no other choice, but to kill you I guess?" he said nonchalantly as if my life doesn't matter to him at all.

A sharp light shaped like a knife suddenly came out of his finger, aiming at my neck. How is that possible! This person can't possibly be a human. What in the world is he? I felt hopeless about this realization. Mom... Hazel.. someone, please help me! I cried in my thoughts.

I heard a cracking sound and looked at my hand. It seems like the egg is about to hatch.

"Shit," I heard him muttered. In a flash of light, he disappeared from my back and returned to the spot where I first saw him. I quickly checked my hand and realized that the egg was gone too. No way! It's with him already.

I looked at the beaming egg in his hand. I want to retrieve it from him, but I know it's beyond my power. For that one week, I've been taking care of that thing, I felt like I've grown attached to it already and the creature that could be inside it. Hazel was also excited to see it...

'Just put some more trust in yourself' I remember her saying and somehow it suddenly filled me with courage. I mustered the strength to run towards him.

"Give that back to me!" I shouted in my run.

It took him by surprise and I was able to get a hold of the egg. "What are you doing? Stup-" the sudden blinding light that came out of the egg cut him off and I also instinctively closed my eyes.

When I noticed that the light was gone I opened my eyes and was greeted by a pair of round emerald eyes. I blinked my eyes and it followed me, blinking as well.

It stared at me and said, "Ma - ma" Mama?! I'm too young to be a mother.

"Ma...ster," It continued as it slowly flew in the air and rubbed its forehead against mine. Aww... she's so cute, but wait-- master??