Chapter 6: Araindale

The blinding light disappeared. Afterward, I noticed some unknown scripts appeared on Myrtle's forehead. It stayed there for a couple of seconds then it completely faded.

'Myrtle... I like it.' My fae pet said to me through my mind, smiling. She's awake now.

"What just happened?" I asked her then looked at the guy, hoping for an answer.

"That's normal," He just said, giving me a blank stare. I looked at him still confused because technically, he didn't answer my question. I swear, he probably doesn't like opening his mouth.

"That's what normally happens when our master names us. It is permanently embedded in our body and it deepens the bond between the master and the fae pet," Sapphire answered instead. So that's what that unknown script was all about. 

"Thank you," I told her. I really appreciate Sapphire at times like this. She's more helpful than her master. 

'Master... I'm hungry,' Myrtle said telepathically, looking at me with those puppy eyes. Aww she's so cute. I know she just had some a while ago, but I can't resist those eyes!

I gave in, 'Alright, but only one okay?' Her eyes beamed with happiness then she nodded.

'Master. Where are we going?' Myrtle asked while munching on a pomple berry.

'Don't ask me that. I don't even know where we are,' I answered then sighed.

'Aww.. sorry master,' Myrtle replied, feeling bad.

'No, it's okay!' I told her to lighten up her mood. She's kind of talkative now. I smiled.

'By the way, stop referring to me as your master. Just call me Dew,' I told her because this master thingy is kind of weird for me.

'Eh?' she stared at me, looking kind of hesitant about what I suggested.

'Come on... I'd like it better if you'll call me Dew,' I urged her more then smiled.

'R-really? Then I guess I'll call you D-dew,' she finally said. Is it like a law in here to call your owner as master? Why does she look so shy? I chuckled.

'Yay! That's more like it,' I told her then she smiled as she continued munching on her pomple berry.

I noticed Myrtle yawned as soon as she finished eating her pomple berry. She lied on my hands and was fast asleep after a couple of seconds. I stroke her hair with my hands and saw her smiled, sleeping soundly. I felt like I gained a new companion today.

||~*(@)*~||

After walking for what felt like hours, we finally reached a town. It's buzzing with people or should I say faeries. Many stalls are selling different kinds of stuff and at the far end of this place was a big castle. It's like I just time traveled into a different era-- Never mind that, I was actually transported into a different world. I can't believe I'm seeing these things.

The entrance of the town was guarded by two faeries wearing silver armors. The two guards immediately bowed down to the strange guy. He told them something and the two guards handed him a piece of cloth. I wonder what that is.

The strange guy walked up to me and handed me a black cloak. "Wear this," He simply said then he wore his. Left with no other choice, I also wore mine although I have no idea why. Maybe it's something you should wear before you enter the town.

The moment we entered the town, I was astonished seeing a lot of faeries looking just like normal people. The town is so busy and lively. I thought faeries supposedly have fae pets with them, but I don't see anyone who has so far. Are they hiding it or do they have none?

I was so distracted by my thoughts that I suddenly bump into someone. I instinctively apologized but I was surprised when he just looked at my direction, confused, then he continued to walk. It's as if he didn't see me... My eyes widened in realization. Is this what I think it is?? Could this possibly be an invisible cloak!? I touched the cloak in amazement. I think I've watched too much Harry Potter.

"Hey, does this thing make you invisible?" I excitedly asked the guy.

"Yes, so pay attention and watch where you're going," He answered. Oohh.. This is so cool! But why do we need to wear this? Oh right, I may get a lot of attention since I'm a human plus I'm wearing pajamas!

I looked around the town and there were a lot of houses which were similar to how inns looked in some animes I've watched. I wonder if we'll be staying in one. I focused my attention in front before I get even more distracted, but then I noticed that the guy's hood is accidentally being pulled by a stick that another male faerie was carrying. Before I can warn him, his hood has completely fallen off from his head. Pfft.. look who's being stupid now.

Suddenly, the girls started squealing and screaming like how anyone would fangirl over their idols. Gosh, what's the ruckus all about.

"Kyaaahh~ it's Prince Hiro!" I heard some female faeries squeal, blushing. Who the hell is this Prince Hiro.

"Oh my. You're right! He's so handsome..." I heard another one said, dreamily and the others nodded in agreement.

"He's so cool!"

"Oh my gosh! He looked at me! I can die happily and peacefully now!" Geez, they're overreacting. Who are they talking about anyway? I tried looking for this prince, but they are all staring at one direction and it's this guy in front of me. They can't possibly be talking about him??

"Tsk." I heard him muttered then he walked towards me suddenly carrying me in bridal style.

"W-w-wait. W-what are you doing?" I asked him in panic. He didn't answer and I screamed as we jumped high up in the air, leaving the commotion. We landed on some roofs then jumped in the air again. Everything was so fast that it made me dizzy so I just closed my eyes and hold on tight to him even if I didn't want to.

He finally put me on the ground and I rubbed my throbbing temples as I glared at him. "What was that for?"

"I had to," He answered with a blank look.

"You see, master doesn't like all the noise so we had to escape fast," Sapphire added. Well, he is the silent type so he'd obviously hate those kinds of scenarios.

"Wait.. if we were able to arrive in here quickly through that then why didn't you do it when we were still in the forest?" I asked him, dumbfounded. I mean... we would've been able to skip all those tiring long walks if he did that.

"Who would want to carry you," He answered with a plain expression. I scoffed. Seriously this guy.. we did all that just because he didn't want to carry me?! I'm not even that heavy. Ugh. Could I please punch him in the face? Just once!?

I calmed myself down and let out a huge breath. No matter how badly I wanted to do it, I shouldn't let my life end here. I didn't bother to answer his annoying reply and just looked at my surroundings to observe where we've landed. I was amazed by the beautifully designed fountain and the well-trimmed flora by our side then my eyes darted on the huge building made of bricks with a huge wooden door right in front of us. Wait, don't tell me... we're on the palace grounds?!

A/N: Sorry for the short update! I added some stuffs, but I guess there's more that I removed hahah

A/N: Sorry for the short update! I added some stuffs, but I guess there's more that I removed hahah. I hope you'd still like it tho. 

Thanks for reading!