Chapter 4: Fae Pet

On spur of moment, the guy was right close to me in a fighting stance. Ready anytime those dark shadow creatures will come to attack.

Suddenly, I heard a strange voice talking in my mind. 'Master' wait... master? Is this fae pet the one talking to me? using my mind?

'Is it you who talked to me just now?' I replied in my mind as my gaze drifted to her, floating beside me.

It nodded and began talking again 'Yes since we have the ability to talk to our masters using our minds'

'Ohh.. so we can do telepathy, huh. That's cool,'

"Stay close to me," He muttered. I almost forgot we are under attack.

"What should I do?" I asked him.

"Just don't move," He instructed. The dark shadows stopped moving, but I don't feel like they're gone just yet. After a couple of seconds, several dark shadows came to attack us from every direction.

I closed my eyes and didn't move as he instructed. I heard some clashing sounds so I opened my eyes a bit and the guy was fighting all those dark shadows. He was so fast that I couldn't even keep track of him. He's like a lightning. I can't help but be amazed. He looked at my direction and a ball of light began to form in his hand. He threw it in my direction and I shriek in surprise. The ball of light hit a dark shadow who was about to attack me from behind. My heart pounded so fast. For a second there, I thought he was going to hit me!

Moments after, all the dark shadows disappeared and the forest felt peaceful once again. What the hell were those things? Why were they attacking us? The fae pet beside me flew right back again in my hands.

"Are you hurt?" He asked. He surprisingly looked concerned.

"No, I'm fine. T-thanks," I anxiously replied.

"No need to thank me. I'm just doing my work," He replied, coldly. Yeah right, what did I expect?

"What exactly is your work? And what were those creatures," I asked him. I still don't get why he needed to bring me here.

He looked at me with a blank face, "They are called dark enigmas. They were most probably ordered to kill you along with the legendary fae pet," He answered looking at the creature in my hand who's peacefully sleeping. The legendary fae pet? Seems like this thing is giving me more and more trouble. I don't feel like I can keep up with this.

"So... it's all about this thing right? If I give this to you. Can I return to my world?" I asked. I can't possibly stay here. My mom should be worried sick by now. Plus this world also seems so dangerous.

"Do you realize now how stupid you are? I did warn you," He coldly stated. Well, I didn't really understand anything. How am I supposed to know! He looked at the fae pet beside him, "You explain." He instructed, then continued walking. Guess he doesn't even wanna bother explaining things to me tss.

His fae pet flew towards me and I also started walking following behind his tracks. "Please forgive my master, he's usually kind," She whispered. Kind you say? I can't even begin to l imagine it.

"I'm called Sapphire. What's your name?" She began. Oh, I guess you're supposed to name fae pets huh...

"I'm Dewelet," I replied. I looked at her closely. She has long dark hair with ocean blue eyes, wearing an ombre purple dress. She has a purple scarf wrapped around her neck and a violet flower pinned on the right side of her hair. She's also holding a dark violet staff similar to my fae pet. I wonder why that guy didn't name her Violet. I chuckled at the thought.