Chapter 10: Tea

I'm out here in the balcony of my room overlooking the beautiful scenery outside this palace. I wonder how many days has it been since I've arrived in this world. For sure it hasn't been a week, but it feels so long. I miss mom and Hazel so much... I guess they haven't even realized that I'm gone. I let out a deep sigh.

'Don't be sad Dew... it makes me a bit sad too,' Myrtle suddenly said through my mind, trying to comfort me.

I looked at her who is sitting on my shoulder a bit teary-eyed. I transferred her to my hand then patted her little head with my two fingers. "I'm fine. I just miss my family," I told her.

'Dew's family?' she asked her eyes glistened with interest. 'I'd like to meet them!' Myrtle said brightly.

"Sure! When we go back to my world. There's also someone excited to meet you since you were an egg." I chuckled remembering Hazel.

I looked at Myrtle in a serious manner. "So Myrtle... I'd hope you'd lend me your power throughout my stay here. Until the day will come when I can finally go home..."

'Of course! Myrtle is here to help and protect master at all cost,' she replied and I smiled. "Thank you although I don't really think I'm worth it..." I honestly told her.

'What is Dew saying? Myrtle's master is amazing!' she replied brightly. I don't know if she's simply bluffing or that's her way of comforting me.

I chuckled. "I am not. Myrtle is the amazing one. It is you they need after all. I'm just your master, but I don't think I can do anything spectacular. I'm just a mere human being you know. I can't possibly be as good as a faerie." I told her and she shook her head in disagreement.

'That's not true! Myrtle can feel it... Dew is the master that Myrtle needs.' She held my finger with those tiny hands of hers as she looked at me intently in the eyes.

I chuckled in response. "Stop kidding me," I told her as I turned around and walk back inside the room. Myrtle flew as she followed behind me.

'Myrtle is not joking.' She pouted and I sat on my bed. I just laughed at her lightly. "Yeah right,"

We heard a sudden knock on the door. It's probably the head maid. "Come in," I loudly said so she could hear from the distance.

We waited for a while, but the door did not open. Instead, there was another knock. Is it not the head maid? Usually, she would just go in after I permit her to do so. Who could this be?

I grumpily stood from the bed and opened the door. To my surprise, it was the jerk. Hah! I must be seeing things. I immediately closed the door then I heard someone muttered from outside, "What the hell?" Oops. I guess that was really him.

I opened the door again and was met by his deadly glare. Hmph! You think I'm still scared of that? The queen just instructed you to protect me so I bet you can't do anything to hurt me now bwahaha.

"What is your problem?" he asked, anger evident in his tone but I didn't care.

I bravely shot him a glare. "What are you doing here?" I answered him with another question.

He looks more annoyed. Well, that's something more amusing to see rather than his plain blank expression.

He took a deep breath as if trying to calm himself. "Mother calls for your presence," He answered. Eh? It hasn't been that long since Queen Lorraine discussed some matters with me. Was there something she forgot to tell?