Chapter Thirty(Jamie POV)

"Where did you go?" Mark asks.

"On a date." I say.

I catch Rosalina's expression out of the corner of my eye. I think she's still in shock after what I said to her earlier.

"What did you just say?" Mark seems to be just as disbelieving. He squints and cocks his head to the side, awaiting my response.

I lay down on the couch before throwing my legs over the top so that I'm upside down.

"You two are cute. I ship it." Cameron says.

"Jose, no, Romie! Romie is perfect!" Leo smiles proudly as if he's just found the cure to Ebola or something.

Noah decides to add to the nonsense. "But Jamie is mine, and Rosey is mine too!"

"That's so weird." Cameron comments followed by Leo. "Yeah, he's like both of their side-chicks at the same time."

"Shut up!" Mark is of course the one to put an end to the madness. "Jamie-"

"I was kidding." I says with a straight, though upside down, face. "We went to a place and we talked and then we came back."

"Did you forget to take your meds or something?"

I ignore his comment.

I'm not going to tell them about the panic attack I had earlier and I'm not going to tell them why I came back from Japan a day early.

Today I was supposed to be meeting with Emerald and her father but I ditched them, by hopping on a plane and leaving the country. Which sucks for them because they came all the way there just to see me. Oh well. Gotta be quicker next time.

I have a fear of 18-wheelers. Its weird because it's only the ones that have 'FLETCHER TRUCKING COMPANY' printed on the side in big bold letters that I'm afraid of. I go into panic attacks at the mere sight of them. I've dreamt them up time after time and each time they're accompanied by the blood of Robin.

The blood is rushing to my head.

*4 months ago*

"Play that song you used to always play."

It takes me a moment to remember exactly what he's talking about-Yiruma, River Flows in You.

I play the first few notes and just like my fingers fall on the keys creating the perfect harmony, the sound falls on the room creating the perfect atmosphere. I close my eyes, sinking into the moment. Despite my continued playing I let my eyes fly open at the sound of Mark. He's sitting on the front row and through the bright lights of the stage I can see him, and his tears.

We're in our school auditorium. I've been coming here a lot lately, to practice songs that I'll probably never perform in front of a real audience. To feel closer to him. This is where he had his last performance and with this same piano.

Mark's sobs and eventually his voice cut through the melody of the song that I'm playing "Why did it have to happen to her?"

He's longing for her. He came here to ease the heartache left by her. I'm here for Robin, nothing will ease my heartache so I don't even try. I just want to be closer to him. To be with him.

I keep playing but not without almost missing a note.

"She was a cruel heartless bitch, but why did it have to happen to her? It could've happened to anyone else, so why her?"

I press down on the notes harder hoping to drown out his voice and stay concentrated on this one thing for once.

"Once, I even wished it was you."