Chapter Seventeen(Rose POV)

When I wake everything is foggy.

It could just be the humidifier at my bedside

I sit up feeling desperate for a stretch, and a pee. I hurry off to the bathroom, limping across the spotless tiles to the tiny space. Afterwards I check the mirror and am surprised by my reflection. I scared myself! Gosh golly I need a shower!

Looking down at my disabling cast I imagine it soaking up like a sponge once it touches water. I look around and eventually spot a small plastic bag which looks just big enough for me to fit my entire cast in it and tie it. After stripping I do just that, then hop into the hot shower.

More fog, but it's beyond pleasant. I relax but my most recent memories begin to creep up on me. I had ankle surgery. But how long ago was that? Is it safe to be standing up and taking a shower right now. I sit down just to be safe.

The water runs over me and I find some cute little hypoallergenic soap and shampoo to use. It smells like rice but it's okay.

More memories follow and I end up thinking about Jamie. I don't know how I feel about him. Or really any of the guys for that matter. Okay, Noah is definitely my favorite. Then Jamie I guess, but I dont know why. Cameron and his perverted ways are next. Mark even though I'm scared of him and lastly, Leo. Wait no! Leo can't be last he's too cute! Okay, Noah, Jamie, Leo, Cameron then Mark. No! Mark can't be last! I slam my palm against the shower wall in frustration. This is so stupid. Why can't I do this.

Okay it's Jamie, Noah. Wait no! Noah then Jamie. Yeah, I guess. Okay Mark, um Leo. then Cameron. No! I can't do this. I give up. Ranking people is wrong anyway, and we're supposed to be friends. I'm disappointed in myself.

When I leave the bathroom, now fully dressed though my hair is still wet, I see Jamie and no one else.

I wave at him.

He doesn't respond. He just stares at me blankly.

Suddenly insecure from silent rejection I limp over to my bed. Jamie gets up and walks towards me but the nurse reaches me before he can, a look of surprise etched across her middle aged face.

"I came to give you back your results." I eye the clipboard in her hand. Her other hand is placed at my side trying to help me to my bed. "But, I see you're already up and moving. We didn't expect you to wake up so early, we also didn't expect your results to comeback with such great news." she says cheerily before helping me lay in bed.

I smile at her awaiting the positivity.

"You're a fast healer. Despite the ankle surgery your expected to be up and out of here by the end of this week!" Yay, school! "As a matter of fact you can start with light rehabilitation as early as today! Of course we'll be giving you crutches to help you move around a little bit better but other than that your life should return back to normal."

I'm so happy I want to hug someone! But Noah isn't here so I'll just hold it in.

The nurse leaves and once again I'm left alone with Jamie. Could I hug him? No, it'd be too awkward. Speaking of awkward it's too quiet in here. He's sitting there using his phone, and I wonder why he came alone.

Before I can ask he looks up at me, catching me off guard. "Leo and Mark have after school community service. Noah is getting food and Cameron is irrelevant."

I nod my head like I've just received orders from a tough sergeant. Then I notice the large stack of books at his feet. My nerdy senses start tingling and I open my mouth again, but of course he starts ahead of me.

"You said you wanted to go to school, so I brought you all of the work you missed. Don't thank me. My aunt gave me all of this" He lifts the mountain like it's nothing before placing it on my bed. The mattress creaks from the weight but other than that the room is completely silent.