Chapter Nine(Jamie POV)

"Jamie, I forgot to ask you," Mark leads in "how do you feel about the latest bankruptcy?" He likes laughing at the pain of others. He also likes helping other people laugh at the pain of others. My friends have such great character.

"How do you want me to feel? How do you think I feel?" I force out a laugh. "I'm happy."

Noah makes a sound of disgust "You guys aren't even thinking about poor Kyle." Oh that's what his first name was!

"Who cares?" Leo asks and I agree, though we have different reasons for our disdain for Kyle Fletcher.

Kyle replaced Leo after he got kicked off of our school's football team last year. Apparently Leo wasn't good at 'teamwork' nor 'keeping his hands to himself'. Long story short he picked a few too many fights with the other players, some from opposing teams. Anyway, he's been holding a grudge ever since.

I, on the other hand, hate Kyle because his last name is Fletcher. Petty? I don't give a fuck.

"He's probably going to get bullied a lot." Noah sympathizes, continuing to be the only one who cares.

"Oh, just wait until the Lee High kids come in. Our peers will have a riot. They'll actually have people different enough from them to pick on." Mark says.

"Yeah, can we talk about how the Lee high schoolers are going to be infecting our school in less than a week?" I ask.

"Ew don't remind me." Leo tries to make a disgusted face but ends up just looking adorable. "We have to come up with a name for them. Leemurs?"

"No that's too cute."

"Leeches?" Leo asks. "Yeah, leeches because they make our school suck!"

"Wow brilliant." Mark tells him, staying heavy on the sarcasm.

waitress comes by presumably to take or orders. "Hello, I'm Charlotte and I'll be your waitress for today. What would you all like to drink?"

"I'll order for Cameron since he's not here." Noah says reminding us all that our friend is out with some side chick.

Actually everyone that he 'dates' is a side chick. He doesn't have enough commitment in anyone to let them be otherwise. For most girls it's their own clingy-ness that promotes them higher. But even then the devotion is one sided.

"That'll be two Iced Caramel Macchiattos with extra caramel and extra, extra whipped cream." Noah says, already hyper.

"I'll just have a Chai Tea Latte." Leo says. He's been believing that coffee makes you short for the longest, yet he still hasn't even grown a centimeter since the ninth grade.

"I'll have-"

"Wait, you look so familiar!" The waitress, I've already forgotten her irrelevant name, cuts Mark off- to say something to me. Sigh. "That's right you're Jamie Wellsworth! I almost didn't recognize you, but luckily I remembered hearing on the news that you dyed your hair." She rambles on.

I give her a half smile, trying not to seem as rude to her as she seems to Mark, who's currently cutting her a deadly glare. "Yeah can you-"

"Can I have your autograph. I'm a huge fan"

She's a huge fan yet she barely recognized me, and she just cut me off. Sigh, again.

"Sorry I don't give out autographs anymore, but I'd like an espresso and my friend here would like one as well." I say casually bringing back relevancy. I even cock my head towards Mark's direction to get her to remember that this is a Starbucks not a fan signing event.