Chapter Thirty-Two(Rose POV)

"It's due today!"

"Sorry."

"That's all you're going to do, say sorry?!"

I stand still- I mean even if I wanted to, I couldn't move. I'm literally frozen with fear.

"Say it again then." His tone changes. It's almost daring now. I can't tell if he's serious or not. So, I'm stuck between being scared to say it and being scared not to say it.

He takes his palm across my temple. "Say it."

It doesn't hurt, it's just enough to mess up my hair a bit and to humiliate me.

"Sorry."

He repeats the action he did before except harder this time and several strands of my hair fly over my face. "Say it!"

I repeat myself quickly. The word is slowly losing its meaning and I'm scared this guy is going to hit me again.

He raises his hand and I flinch, closing my eyes.

"Chris, leave her alone. You should've just done it yourself. You would've failed either way." His friend is the only person over here who has an ounce of playfulness in his voice.

"You're right. That's the last time I ask this stuck up wannabe for help." Chris let's go of my arm but even so, it still throbs from how tightly he was holding it. I wonder if it'll bruise.

His friend's now serious voice draws my attention back to the serious situation I'm in. "We should get out of here. You know the guys she hangs around."

"A bunch of metrosexual pus-"

"No, they're the real deal! They're rich but all of them have records- even the blonde one. With all of that money, they get to cover up a lot of shit."

"Whatever."

"Stephen didn't take them seriously either, but where is he now?"

My heart stops at his question.

There's a rumor going around school that once he was discharged from the hospital, after almost being beaten to death, he immediately dropped out of school and started a job in fast food. That means the guys ruined his life. That means I ruined his life.

I try not to think about it too much.

I fail.

"Stephen is gone. I'm here. I need my homework now and it's this little bitch's fault that I don't have it yet!" His friend yells.

Hopefully someone will hear him and come running to save me. It's unlikely. No one would ever check behind the stairwell. I didn't even know people had access back here until I found myself being dragged down on my way to second period.

"You know that the entire football team is after her. A lot of guys like her, all she has to do is say one word to one of them."

A fist comes down hard behind me and I let out an involuntary shriek. He just punched the wall.

"But you won't do that will you, because you're not that stupid?"