Chapter Sixteen(Rose POV)

"Pick another one." Jamie says immediately.

I understand his objections. I can't take random drugs! Especially not before a surgery! Why was this even in here? Who would write something like that?

I reach for the box once again before having my wrist grabbed by Mark, stopping me instantly.

"Let her pick another one." Jamie almost yells.

I can tell he has more control over his emotions than Noah. Mark, I'm not so sure. Just like I'm not so sure why he's stopping me right now.

"No-"

"Why not?"

"Why should she?"

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Jamie cuts his eyes at his friend.

"Come on it's not that serious." Leo adds, not realizing how-

"It is that serious!" Noah says what I'm too shy to. "She's about to have surgery and you expect her to take nonperscribed drugs?"

"That's what the paper says, and by the way you just failed your dare." Mark says cynically.

Noah starts towards Mark and the look on his face makes me really sad, and really scared.

The nurse comes back and I wonder what she could've walked into if she'd came in a little bit later. Noah sends Mark daggers from a few feet away.

"You guys have about an hour left before I have to take her away to the operation room." She puts something in my IV drip bag before sticking a giant needle in my arm which makes Noah heave and look away. I have a feeling he doesn't like needles or anything that has to do with blood.

"I'll be back in 40 minutes to give you another shot and to check your progress okay?''

I nod my head causing the hair at the front of my forehead to tickle me there, which makes me smile like a psycho. "Try to relax, you're one needle away from surgery and then recovery." She says this before stepping out of the room.

"See she can't do it!" Noah exclaims after he's done making barfing noises.

"She can and she will." Mark pierces me with his dark eyes, I realize he let go of my wrist earlier but now he's grabbing it again, this time a little bit too tight.

I also notice that Jamie is now beside me. Putting me in between two handsome opposing boys, great.

I'm definitely on Jamie's side. He gives me a soft expression versus Mark's unmoved one. When he speaks it's calmer and more comforting.

"You don't have to do this Rosalina. You still have a second dare you can reach for."

"What if the second dare requires for her to move her legs or go somewhere, then what?" Leo stalls.

"Exactly, just do this one and get it over with!" Mark looks down at me again and I can't meet his eyes while speaking.

"I'm sorry. I can't. I want to relax and get ready for my surgery, not do any dares." I say trying to gently remove his tight grip from my skin.

He doesn't catch on and instead pulls my arm making me lean in closer to him, before saying something so quiet yet so shocking.

"You know what happens if you don't do a dare don't you?"

Jamie pulls him back by the collar before pressing him up against a wall. Mark doesn't struggle or even flinch as Jamie lowers his voice to him.

"Stop, please."