Journey

'You know my story. You know my allegory; I was sent from Heaven with a set of horns. They better warn y'all.' I sang along to J Cole's Tears for ODB, as I made my way back to North Carolina. They always said home is where the heart is which I could speak on, because I missed Carolina like crazy. I spent my last three years in New York with my abusive ass mother, and her husband. God knows I hated the shit out that pathetic ass excuse for a mother.

When I was seventeen her and my father got a divorce, that's when she dragged me to New York with her. Of course I didn't want to go because I was going to be far away from my father. But, like a dumbass he agreed that it would be for the best. Little did he know I went through nothing, but straight up hell. Soon as I hit eighteen I got the hell out of dodge, and moved to Harlem.

I received a full scholarship to Columbia University. I did my Freshman and Sophomore year there, but Carolina was on my mind and it was time to return home. So, I transferred to Fayetteville State University. Which I couldn't wait to start once September rolled around. I also missed my bestfriend, who was really my cousin Chosen.

I didn't let her know that I was here yet. She knew I was coming, but she didn't know what day. I decided to do a surprise pop up at her crib. Putting the address in my GPS; her house was about 20 minutes from where I was. Chosen lived in Haymount neighborhood which was filled with luxurious houses. It wasn't really an awe to me because before I moved, we were living luxurious.

I parked in her driveway, and overlooked myself in the mirror. Satisfied with how I looked; I smiled at myself. Walking up to the front door; her neighbors begin to speak to me. They were real friendly. I rang her doorbell, and put my finger over the peephole.

"Who the hell got they finger over my shit," Chosen snapped.

She opened the door, and was lost for words. "Oh my God bitch why you ain't tell me you was here?"

"Wanted to surprise you girl," I giggled.

We embraced for a brief moment, and she let me inside.

"Babe who was that at the door?" A male voice came from the back.

"Come see for yourself," Chosen responded.

I heard his footsteps getting closer, and to my surprise it was Jahmoy. The same Jahmoy that we had grew up with, and Chosen claimed she couldn't stand. Now here they were in a committed relationship.

"Oh shit what's popping Miss Journey," Jahmoy boasted.

"Not a damn thing," I laughed at his goofy ass. "When did y'all two get together?"

Chosen began to blush. "It just happened one night."

"One night my ass," Jahmoy said. "Ya girl was feeling the kid all along, and once my tongue got to talking on that pussy..."

"Jahmoy," I laughed. "Too much information , but welcome to the family. Even though I'm late as hell."

We all sat around for a while laughing and catching up. This is part of the reason I missed home. I missed the people that I grew up with, the mother fucker that had my back no matter what. Jahmoy got a call in the middle of our conversation, and confirmed that Cashmere would be coming over in a minute.

"Cashmere?" I questioned.

"Bitch you know Cash," Chosen emphasized his name. "The one Uncle Jordan caught you dry humping when we were kids. Y'all gave eachother hell all throughout high school."

I shot daggers her way because she had really put me on the spot. She noticed my face, and began to laugh at me. So did Jahmoy after he made fun of me.