Cashmere

I was blessed to have god bless me with two more babies. And although I couldn't stand Camille's ass; she delivered me another healthy baby boy. I thought she'd might change her mind about not keeping our son. But she still signed over all of her right to Journey and I. We now had five children including Jasmine, Jahmir, the twins Caroline and Cashmere Jr., and the newest edition baby Cameron.

Nah it wasn't easy having three new borns, but we made that shit happen. I loved Journey more because she accepted Cameron, as if she had given birth to him. He was so attached to her that he'd cry whenever she put him down.

"Baby you don't hear me?" Journey asked.

"What?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I said someone is downstairs to see you," She repeated herself.

"Who?"

"I don't know babe come and see for yourself."

I headed downstairs behind her to see the stranger holding my son.

"Nigga what the fuck are you doing, do I know you?" I snapped grabbing Cameron.

"Son is that anyway to talk to your father?" He chukled, but I didn't find shit funny.

I stared at him, and it all came back to at once. Out of the few times that I've seen him, I can only recall one real memory. And that was before my mama got hooked on to drugs. I remember I was about seven probably goig on eight, when I heard my mama crying. I headed into her room, and there he was standing in
front of her.

"I don't need you or your money," My mama cried. "Why can't you just be here for your son?"

"I'm married," He confirmed. "That's an automatic divorce if my wife finds out."

"You should've thought about that bullshit before you not only led me on, but laid down with me and had that child. I didn't make him on my own damnit."

"Look I didn't come here for this just came to give you some money for the kid. But, I want nothing to do with him anymore. It's taking away time from my wife, and my other children. Goodbye."

He turned to walk out of the room bumping right into me. But, he didn't even acknowledge me and kept it moving.

--

Journey here take Cameron, and go upstairs," I commanded.

"Baby what's..."

"Journey!"

She sighed and rolled her eyes, but took Cameron and headed back up there.

"What are you doing here man?" I questioned. "It's been what thirteen, twelve years and now you want to show up?"

"Look I didn't come to argue Cashmere, I finally told my wife about you. After 21 years of keeping you in the dark I told her."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"She said she wants to meet you..."

I chuckled, "Oh I get it, so you're doing this for her not for you. Man you can exit the way you entered, nigga you're the reason why my mama became a damn crackhead."

"Do what now? Your mama made that choice on her own; I didn't put a gun to her head son. And I'm doing this because I felt guilty for disowning you, not because of my wife!"

"Nigga you can step how about that! And don't show back up to my crib, or that's ya ass."

He nodded his head, "Before I go I'm leaving my card here incase you want to get in touch with me."