Remembering Jaiden

"We have come here this day for a number of reasons...

One we are here today to pay our tribute and our respect to a special baby boy, an angel of God. A son, a nephew, a grandson, an innocent life taken too soon. Not only have people from this congregation, but many member of the community gathered as well.

Not only have we sensed our own personal feelings of loss over Jaiden's passing, but our hearts have been drawn toward them, and will continue to be with them. It is our human nature to want to understand everything now, but TRUST requires that we lean and rely heavily on God even when things seem unclear.

Now we have a few words from the father of this innocent child, Jahmoy as you may," The preacher stepped down.

Jahmoy made his way to the micriphone smiling, but once he started to speak of Jaiden's passing. His voice immediately began to crack, "My son was taken too soon, and I often wonder why God would do such a thing. But, then I remember not to question him. My wife and I ask you to keep our family in prayer, and to join our candle light for Jaiden after we send off his ashes."

Journey got up to sing Smoke Norful's Healing in His Tears.

Jesus cried for my pain
Removed agony and strain
Lent His ear to my fear
There's healing in His tears

Being both God and man
Who better would understand
Thatn the one who comforts me
And who died to set me free

Just like He cried for Lazurus
Still today He cares for us
And when Jesus feels your pain
Nothing in yoru life remains the same

Healing, healing, healing, healing, oh
Oh, oh, oh healing

--

After the ceremony everybody followed to a near by beach, throwing his ashes into the wind. Jahmoy broke down crying his eyes out, as Chosen held on to him. At the candle lighting eveyone brought blue and white balloons, bears, and candles. Jahmoy paid the mayor to have a portrait of his son painted on a brick wall downtown.

"Goodnight my Angel," Chosen cried as she laid down a single rose.