Chapter 19 - Rose

Lilla drew for a while before lunch, which Rose brought up and ate with her. Lunch was homemade pasties and blackcurrant squash and a slice of chocolate cake.

  After eating lunch Rose asked if Lilla would like to go outside in a wheelchair that she found in the cupboard. Just into the back garden, no-one would see her, Rose assured her that.

  Lilla agreed so Rose carried her downstairs and set her down in the wheel chair waiting for her. Rose wheeled her out into the back garden and stopped on the grass near the door.

  "The fresh air will do you good, sweetpea." Rose told Lilla. "Not having sunlight is bad for you too!" She added.

  "Um, yeah." Lilla said.

  "Would you like a glass of lemonade?" Rose asked her.

  Lilla was really thirsty, so she agreed, drinking the cool lemonade quickly when it was brought out to her.

"You were thirsty babe!" Rose exclaimed.

"Uh-huh!" Lilla confirmed.

15 minutes later they went back in side again as it was getting cooler, and Rose carried her up to the bedroom.

"Where are you going, Rose?" Lilla asked as Rose turned to walk out of the bedroom.

"Just to the bathroom babe, that lemonade went straight through me! I'll be right back!" Rose explained.

  Rose got back from the bathroom a minute later, and her and Lilla chatted awkwardly for a while about things. Rose went back downstairs after a while, and Lilla played around with some pieces of paper, doing make-shift origami.

  At 6 Lilla began to regret the lemonade though, and decided to watch some TV to take her mind of it. She flicked throgh the channels until she go to a music chanell, wich she decided to watch for a while before Jessie got back. It wasn't long before Rose ran up the stairs and into the bedroom, turning the TV off.

  "Yo-you don't want to watch that love, why don't you watch a film instaed. How about 'How To Train Your Dragon' ?" Offered Rose, breathless from running up the stairs so fast.

  "Um, OK?!" Lilla half-asked half-said. This was all very confusing but she had a feeling that it was linked with Jessie's job secret.

  Llla watched the film, figeting, until 7 when she heard Jessie come back in and come running up the stairs.

  "I'm back babe! Missed me?!" Jessie asked.

  "Yep!" Said Lilla, giving Jessie a big hug.

  "I'm just gonna go and get some tea for us, be back soon!" Jessie said, running back down the stairs.

  Jessie came back up with some rice and curry and a glass of juice.

  "Jessie?" Lilla asked, figeting.

  "Yup?" Jessie replied.

  "I need the toilet!" Lilla blurted out.

  "Can't you wait till after tea or it's gonna go cold?" Jessie asked, dismayed.

  Lilla shook her her head and looked pleadinly at Jessie. Jessie lokked at Lilla's anguished face and gave in.

  "OK, but you didn't have to wait this long, you could have asked Rose to take you!" Jessie said.

  "Uh-huh!" Said Lilla, squirming.

  "Oh yeah, bathroom, right!" Jessie exclaimed, carrying her to the toilet like allways.

  When they were back in the bedroom, they ate tea whilst watching the rest of 'How To Train Your Dragon' and then got ready for bed when the film fineshed.

  "Love you Jessica!" Lilla said, when they were both in bed.

  "Love you too, Lilla!" Jessie said, smiling.

  "Thanks again, Jessie!" Lilla told Jessie.

  "No problem babe, my pleasure!" Jessie exclaimed.