Chapter 20 - Imagining

• Věnováno @jessicasmiiiith

  2 days later Lilla was still going through the same routine, and it got boring pretty quickly. So Lilla spent most of her time imagining in bed, drifting in and out of sleep. In her head she could be whoever she wanted to be, and do whatever she wanted to do. She could make up stories in her head however she wanted them to be, and not just how the author of whatever book had written it. She didn't miss playing with her friends or going to school, because she didn't have hardly any friends anyway, and didn't like school. She felt depressed and lonely, but in her head she didn't have to be. She skipped most meals mainly because she was asleep, and when she wasn't asleep she was lost in her own thoughts. Jessie grew worried about her, as did Rose, and Steven.

  A couple of days later Jessie had a talk with her.

  "Lilla?" Jessie asked.

  "Um-hum?! Lilla replied.

  "Lilla, you're getting really thin babe, just as you were getting better as well, you hardly ever do anything anymore except sleep and think, you hardly ever even eat babe. You need to keep your mind active, and know just how to do it.  Rose, my mum, she used to be a teacher, she can be your home tutor, like school, but in, bed, with no bullies, and no horrible school dinners that you pay a load of money for even though they're horrible. What do you think babe?" Jessie asked gently.

  "Um, OK then Jessie, for you!" Lilla agreed.

  "Good babygirl, 'cause I hate seeing you like this, you know that?" Jessie said.

  "Yep, I know that now!" Lilla said with a smile.