Chapter 3: Avatar Fever

"Korra is in a coma. I'm not so sure when she'll wake up but there isn't any damage.  Its like when.. Jinora was trapped in the Spirit World but unlike Jinora, Korra seems functioning fine."  Katara announced.

"Now will someone tell me what is going on? I can practically hear the tension." 

"Well, Mother, Ikki told me that she and Korra were just meditating when Korra suddenly groaned in pain. Her eyes turned black and then as if she was cloned four of he- "

"Oh this thing again." Katara cut her son off. "The same thing happened to your father. Four dark clones.. they each possess an element. Fire, Water, Earth and Air. The first three elements that your father learnt easily was the easiest to defeat. But Earth was the most difficult to fight against since Aang took that up with much difficulty. Toph, being the earthbending master managed to defeat him easily.. thankfully and once they are all defeated Aang woke up perfectly fine!"

Tenzin open his mouth to say something but Katara wasn't finished yet.

"We looked it up in the library and it turns out that it was a .. illness called the Avatar Fever. It wasn't very common to many Avatars but once it do happen the result can be very unfortunate. The four clones will aim to take over the world, and if they aren't defeated soon.. Korra will never wake up to see the daylight again. The world will be doomed."

Everyone was shocked, and the tension was thick.

"Weellll...But they'll be easy to defeat right? Aang's Avatar Fever sounded easy to get rid off.." Bolin chuckled nervously.  

"It was only easy because we already had the earthbending master." Katara warned. "As I said before, the element the Avatar tried to learn will be the hardest to defeat. Only the master of that element will be the only one that can defeat the last clone."

"Korra's hardest was air so it should be easy to find the airbending master since there not many airbenders in the world as much as the other benders." Mako retorted.

"That is for you to find out. I told you as much as I know and you better find her fast."

"Her?" Kai questioned "How do you know its a her?" 

Katara smiled like as if she was hiding something.

"Nothing.. just a hunch."

<○>

"Do you think it's Zaheer?" Opal wondered.

"I hope not. We don't have much of a choice anywa-" 

The airship tilted to the left, as if someone had attempted to knock it over. This resulted in cutting of Kai mid-sentence. 

"What's going on? What happened?" Opal panicked. 

Kai peered through the window.

"We're being attacked."