Chapter 6: Mission

"So? Was one of the prisoners the master?"

Tenzin sighed at Lin's question but Ikki answered for him.

"No, they are great in airbending but none of them are yet masters, but we do have more airbenders now since all of them decided to join us since the Dai Li and the Red Lotus faked their deaths and thought it would be better for them to pretend that they were really dead."

"Then where do we search next?" Opal asked.

Her question remained unanswered.

"We are back in square one aren't we?" Kai groaned.

Lin focused on the map, searching for another place to search for the master.

"Maybe if we can search the air temples? " Lin wondered out loud.

The quiet knock on the door interrupted her response.

Kai opened the door.

Callie was fidgeting with her new clothes.

"Callie? What are you doing here?"

"C-Can I ask for a f-favour?" She asked nervously, tugging on her uniform.

"What is it?" Tenzin spoke.

"I was wondering if you can find my sister.. well she isn't my blood sister cause I don't have a family but she promised that we can be sisters but when we were going to escape the prison by following the plan she made for all of us because she wanted to free us all but... but "

Callie tears up a bit as she rambles on.

"But they took her.. they took her away.. I never saw her again."

She was crying hard now.. Opal hugged her to comfort her.

"Shhh.. it okay." Opal pat her back slowly and Ikki bend down to rest her hand on her shoulder.

"Sometimes people have to move on.. I lost my sister too.." Ikki says softly.

Kai looks away at the window, afraid that he himself will tear up.

"But hey.. now you have us! We can be your sisters too! I'm Ikki."

Callie giggles and smiles. "I'm Callie. And I'm sorry for crying.." She looks down at the floor shamefully.. "And I thought that you might know her because she has the same tattoo as you.. you ..you.. and you.." She points at Kai, Tenzin, Opal and Ikki.

"Wait what??" Bolin splutters.

Kai is confused now, he arches an eyebrow.. could it be.. no.. he shouldn't get his hopes up.

"Callie.. what's her name?"

"huh?.. oh her name is Jinora." She mutters sadly.

what??.. Kai's eyes are wide, his mouth is agape and his knuckles were turning white from holding the railing to tightly.

The corner of his eyes are tearing up and his vision was starting to get blurry.

"NO WAY!! SHE'S ALIVE??" Bolin was shocked, heck everyone was shocked.

Tenzin was still in surprise I mean it wasn't everyday someone tells him his daughter might still be alive.. might.

Opal smiled, "I knew she was alive.. Jinora is too strong."

Lin agreed with Opal. "Tough chick that one is.. you're lucky to have her Kai."

Ikki covers her mouth with her hands.. tears streaming down her face.. her grey eyes shining happiness.

"She must be the one then.." Mako comments, everyone turns to look at him. "What? She probably is the master."

"But you guys said it yourself.. there is still a slight chance she is gone.. " Lin said

"We have to take this chance.. she still might be pit there." Tenzin demanded.

"But we don't know where to start!" Ikki pouted, wringing her hands together.. which was her nervous habit.

"We have to find something! I'll check the records.. maybe there is something that can help us find her.. dead or alive." Mako offered.

"I'll find you Jinora.. wherever you are." Kai says to himself, wiping his eyes.. staring out at the night sky through the glass window.