Chapter 10: Fight

A week has past and sure enough.. the last clone has made it's way to republic city.

Their army was ready. 

But no.. the master wasn't found.

"Cheer up bro. Maybe if we survive this.. we can find her." Bolin ruffled Kai's hair as if Kai was still that little boy they saved years ago.

"Yea.. sure." Kai muttered.

"Target spotted. Coming towards republic city from the east." The radio crackled.
Thats when Kai spotted her. Like a shooting star.. ready to attack.

"Permission to shoot sir?" The officer asked Mako.

"Permission granted. On my command." 

She was getting closer.

"Aim.. FIRE!"

The thousands of missiles did nothing to the raging bomb.

She was coming close.

"Sir we are out of missiles."

Mako looked over at his soldiers.

"Then prepare your guns.. we have a long day ahead."

"YES SIR."

<○>

The ointment she took in the city helped a bit.

The scars were faint and the bruises were almost gone.

She rubbed her hands together and washed her face in the lake.

The scar on her cheek was still evident. But other then that her face was fine.

It has been a while since she got a look of herself in her reflection. The last time was when she was still safe in his arms and everything was fine.

She was shocked to see how much different she looked before. Her skin was much paler and her eyes held so much pain. Her hair was not only a lot longer but much browner too.

She was skinnier because of the lack of nourishment in the prison but thankfully she managed to live this long.

She looked at her face one last time before setting of to defend republic city.

To defend her loved ones.

<○>

The sound of a bomb going off hurt his ears.

Sure the last clone was getting weaker but she was still up and ready to attack.

Almost all the airbenders were injured and many are starting to believe they can never defeat this.. machine.

Korra gave a blast and created a tornado for all the airbenders to fall in. 

shit

Korra shot fire bolts which resulted in some major burns to these fighters.

Kai managed to extinguish some of them, thankfully.

"Tenzin! Look out!" Kai warned. 

Tenzin turned just in time to avoid the bolt of fire. 

"I don't know if we can make it out Kai.." 

"Neither do I" 

<○>  

The battle is coming to an end. 

Not a good ending, a bad one. 

Most of our fighters from Republic city's police force has gone missing and unconscuise 

Now its up to the airbenders.