Chapter 7: Glimpse

Opal smiled.

Finally after years of meditating she finally entered the spirit world.

"YESSSSS!" Opal giggled as she jumped in the air in glee.

She looked around examining the place.

She saw a big spiritual tree with a hole in the middle. The tree was in the middle of the two portal.. it seemed very familiar.

She walked up to the tree and peered inside. She gasped in amazement, looking at all the visions in the air.

Her eyes widened when she saw herself in one of this visions. Her and ..Jinora when fighting Kuvira's army.

Is this my memories?

She then saw Kai.. a lot of times actually.

But then the visions changed.
To dark ones.

Visions of people tortured in cells. Punished in chains and given solutions for food.

That was when she saw her.

Jinora

She was in chains. Her head hung low.. her hair was in a mess and done in a sloppy ponytail.

Blood was everywhere and she wore an attire similar to what the prisoners had on but it was ripped and stained.

But then she slowly looked up.. and Opal had a good look of her eyes.

Opal started to enter the hole in the tree but stopped when she saw a figure in the middle of the tree.. meditating.

Is that..

"J-Jinora?"

The figure stiffened and turned around slowly.

"Opal?"

<○>

Kai laid in the meadows with Lefty, Pepper and Ski.

Lefty and Pepper mated.. resulting in a baby bison , Ski.. Ikki helped Kai name her since after all.. it was her sister's bisons child too.

Ski was newly born only a few days old. Pepper and Lefty were super overprotective for him but of course didn't mind when Kai was petted him.

Kai rubbed Ski's fur slowly and watched as Lefty and Pepper cuddled together.

"KAI!!"

Kai looked behind him to see Ikki waving him over.

"It's Opal.. she has news.. about Jinora. But I don't think they are good ones. She was crying."

<○>

The door burst open as Ikki and Kai tumbled in.

"WHAT? WHAT IS IT??" Kai said in a panic.. anxious to get his hands on the news.

"Calm down Kai.. Opal hasn't told us anything yet." Pema said soothingly.

Ever since he and Jinora started dating Pema had treated Kai as if he was her own son.

Kai sat down.

"I finally entered the spirit world and when I got there I saw this tree. It was in the middle of the two portals and had a big hole."

"The tree of Vaatu.." Meelo interrupted.

"Er.. yes." Opal continued.. her eyes puffy from crying. "I was curious so I looked inside.. and I saw visions. I thought they were ny memories since I saw myself in the vision. But then the vision changed to Kai. Like many glimpse of Kai but all that suddenly changed to dark visions. Prisoners chained and and tortured and.. and."

Opal started tearing up.

"I saw her.. in the vision. She was chained. Her arms and legs were full of cuts and bruises. Her hair was in a messed up ponytail and there was blood.. everywhere. "

Pema teared up as Ikki and Meelo hugged her.

"Is she.. alive?" Tenzin spoke up quietly.

"Yes.. she is. Jinora looked pale.. deadly pale. But her eyes.. they held strong determination. "

Tenzin looked relief.

"But that isn't all.. when I walked inside the tree.. I saw a figure. Meditating. And then I realized.. she was there.. right there. I called for her and she turned around and greeted me but when I rushed over and tried to give her a hug.. she vanished.. and so did the visions."

"She.. she is alive then.. after all this time." Kai smiled and closed his eyes.

"Yes Kai.. and I know exactly where she is."