Chapter 14-

Chapter Fourteen ~

"Shorty?" He asks as I try to catch my breath. I take deep intakes of breath to calm down. "You expect me to be scared of him?" I ask with laughter still in my voice. Niccone looks confused.

The 'hunter' turns off his stove and wipes his hands on his bright pink boxers. "You want me to be afraid of Garrett?" I ask. Niccones face is full off confusion.

"You know him?" Niccone asks. I nod my head with a smile. "I dated him." I say and I swear Niccone is going to pass out. "You two dated? You date humans?" Niccone asks looking so surprised.

"I usually don't date humans. Shorty is different if you can't tell." Garrett says flipping his sandy blonde hair.

"I thought I was the first person to kiss you." Niccone says. Garrett raises an eyebrow. "Because I haven't been kissed before doesn't mean I haven't had a boyfriend before." I grumble crossing my arms.

"First off she's definitely has been kissed before and second you kissed her? Mister my mate is my world kissed a girl who wasn't his mate?" Garrett says looking surprised.

"I slapped him afterwards!" I shout but Garrett sighs. "Niccone what have you done with my Shorty?" Garrett asks shaking his head.

"I'm not your anything anymore." I grumble. Garrett suddenly appears right in front of me and tilts my face up to him. "Wanna bet on that?" He says lowly.

"I'm still I'm the room." Niccone growls making Garrett flash me a smile. "Oh I know. I haven't forgot about you." Garrett says moving back.

"Go finish your breakfast." Niccone says. Garrett grumbles under his breath as he pouts scrambled eggs on a plate. He grabs a fork and leads us to the living room. He sits on the opposite couch and starts to eat. "Anyways, you killed a man?" Garrett asks me with mouthful. I make a face at him.

"He was trying to eat me." I point out and Garrett scratches his chest. "Tell me what happened from the start of the day." Garrett says so I do. I tell him about me blacking out and beating Niccone and then about me killing the man.

Garrett grabs my arms and turns them over to study the black ink like vains. He runs his hands softly up my arms causing goose bumps to appear. Garrett then sits back. His arms are on the backs of the couch while on foot is resting on the other knee. "You, my lovely Chris, have encountered a rogue that has lost all humanity. They feed off humans to gain some of that humanity back. It's like a drug to them. Now if it were another werewolf it would been worse. Anyway, I believe this rogue smelled so many wolf scents on you that he thought you were one." Garrett explains and I look over at Niccone.

"You didn't know this?" I ask. Niccone doesn't say anything. I lean forward and rest my elbows on my knees. "What about Granddad?" I ask and Garrett looks concerned.

"The dead one?" He asks. I look over at Niccone and pull out the envelope with pictures in it. "I didn't tell him about this because I can handle it." Niccone says.

"You can handle it?" I ask sarcastically. Niccone looks down. "I know we had some complications but I can handle this." Niccone says.

"Complications? You've aost gotten me killed like four times." I say calmly. "You infuriate me at some points okay but I thought we got over this already." Niccone says. I toss the envelope to Garrett. First off he reads the letter then flips through the pictures.

"Hey look its me and you!" Garrett says pulling out a picture then frowns. "I'm just going to trash this one though." He says clearing his throat.

"Sometime later my Granddad appeared and talked to me. He told me not to let them change me because this is how I'm supposed to be." I say and Garrett sighs.

"Granddad is a particular man. I don't i-"

"No then he injected me with something. It felt like I had bugs in my skin and it burned. After that my vains looked like this." I say brushing my hair back.

"Aren't you supposed to be protecting her?" Garrett asks with a hint of anger. "Yes." Niccone says then sighs. "She is a very difficult person. She knows just how to get under my skin with few words."

"It's a gift she has really. You just have to get past the anxiety border." Garrett explains with a smile. He's probably thinking about how we met.

"Oh by the way happy early birthday." Garrett adds after a few moments of no one talking. I nod my head. "Thanks." I mutter feeling my face heat up.

"I was going to surprise you with my return but you ruined it." Garrett adds. I shake my head with the same smile. "You are not right." I mutter.

"What are you doing this year?" He asks. I just shrug. "Haven't really thought about it. Sam won't be there he's already scheduled and grandma is sick. Baron and Morgan might do something." I say and he frowns.

"You're turning sixteen and no one cares? We simply have to change that." Garrett says shaking his head. "Anyways, back to your grandfather I think I have an idea but Shorty, it isn't my place to tell. You have to talk to Sam about it."

"Garrett please! No one will tell me anything." I whine. "Don't do it. Don't you dare start to pout it won't work on me!" Garrett shouts looking away.

"Gar please." I beg and he looks at Niccone. "My will only goes so far with this girl make her stop." Garrett pleads.

"I'll talk to Sam." Niccone grumbles. I send him a glare. Why won't they tell me what happened to me? Is it that bad? "I believe you had questions for me as well Nico." Garrett says when he regains he composer.

"It's about my mate. I can smell her sometimes and its only for a very short amount. Why would that be?" Niccone asks. Garrett leans forward and finishes off his eggs. "She doesn't want to be found. She's hiding." Garrett says. I glance over at Niccone and watch him crumble from the inside.

"What?" Niccone whispers. It was hardly loud enough to hear. Garrett sighs. "She doesn't want to be found Nico. She could just be hiding from something." Garrett says trying to reassure him.

"Or she doesn't want me." Niccone says getting up. He walks out of the house with the slam of the door. I just watch after him. "If you expect me to go after him you're dead wrong." I say to Garrett.

"I was actually wanting to catch up. I'm back for good this time Shorty, I promise you that." Garrett says with a small flirty smile. Does that mean he wants to get back together?

"Come by the house sometime." I say looking him in his violet eyes. His smile gets bigger. "Good because I've missed you so much." He says confidently.

"You did now all might Hunter?" I ask making him laugh. "That's just a business name sweetheart. To you I'm Gar." He says with a wink.

"I need to get home."

"I'll take you. Let me put some clothes on." Garrett says as he gets up. I feel my face heat up once again and look at my hands. "Happy late birthday Gar." I say making him smile more.

"I finally made it to eighteen!" He shouts while fist pumping the air. I laugh a little. I wonder what this means for the two of us. My thoughts are interrupted by a long lonely howl. I know who it is almost instantly. Niccone is howling for his mate he never had.

Author's Note
I wasn't going to put this up yet but since it is my birthday I decided I should. I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Also if you see any MAJOR editing issues I would appreciate it if you pointed it out.