Chapter 20-

Chapter Twenty ~

"Why didn't you tell me!" I scream. Garrett looks over at Niccone and then back at me. "You weren't r-"

I push Garrett back and he nocks into Zales desk and breaks it. "Why am I never ready? You never tell me anything!" I shout as Garrett picks himslef up from the floor.

"I'm trying to protect you Chris! Has it ever crossed your mind that I am still in love with you? All I'm trying to do is protect you and you are getting yourself deeper in the world that is slowly ripping my mind apart. Do you know what that feels like?" Garrett ask as he walks closer to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask him. His eyes are wide and wild. "Do you know why I really left? I couldn't control my urges to kill something and it only got worse when I was around you. That's when I knew what you were and I knew I had to leave. I would've killed you other wise." He lowly says. I look up at him shocked.

"Urges?" I whisper still shocked. He grabs my shoulder and smiles. "I am something that only exists one at a time. I am only able to have a son and the day he turns ten I will die so he can have my powers. These powers urge us to kill and to show we are the dominant kind." He explains, looking away from me.

"Why haven't you ever told me this before?"

"You were-"

"If you say I wasn't ready one more time I will kill you." I snap at him. He looks up at me and then back down. "I didn't want you to be frightened of me, Shorty. You were so fragile, that just about anything would cause an anxiety attack. How would you have taken this back then? We would be in the hospital."

"Can you just tell me where my mother is?" I ask him. "Yes but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you." Garrett says rubbing his neck. "It is way too dangerous to waltz into the rogue hidout, looking for your mom, who by the way is now sleeping with their rule-"

"Garrett!" Gabrail shouts walking into the room. Niccone is just sitting at his father's desk, acting like nothing is going on right now. "We agreed she wouldn't know that!"

"I'm sorry! I just got talking and it slipped and she used that look. That look could make a killer think about his actions. It's the look!" Garrett says grabbing my face and turning me to Gabrail. "I have to agree with the Hunter. The look can make a man think twice." Niccone say as he gets up from the desk.

"Gar, stop touching my face." I growl lowly. Garrett moves his hands from my face. "So, we need to talk later, okay?" Garrett says as he slowly walks okay.

"We do?" I ask. This is new knowledge to me. "Yes, I say be ready and dress nice around eight." Garrett says making me groan.

"I'm not going on a date with you while we are preparing for an attack, Gar." I explain. "You owe me and I've talked to Granddad so you have no choice in the matter." Garrett says before he disappears. Smart move Garrett, smart move.

"Did you know?" I ask Gabrail, who by now is laughing his butt off. "Of course I did." He say trying to hold his laughter in. I rub my face with both of my hands. "I think I need to be alone. Niccone go see Dianna before Gabrail says time up." I say jokingly.

"Why does that matter? She doesn't have to go back." Niccone says. I lean on the doorframe and give Gabrail a wicked smile. "Gabrial and Dianna are mates, did you not know that?" I ask innocently. Niccones face is a giant mix of emotions that I can't exactly pick out but one. Niccone is clearly mad so I quickly rush out of the room laughing.