Seven

In that old, untouched English forest, there is a pathway. A pathway that warps your senses. A pathway that leads to an old timey way of living. A pathway that leads to a little village, oppressed by the iron fist of whoever lives in the stone castle on the hill. A little civilisation hidden in the forest. A little civilisation that believe in fairy tales.

When you look at it, you would never know that for hundreds of years, there has been a village of people living there. You wouldn't see the signs. That's because you can't see where the world shifts. It's like you've stepped into another dimension. Maybe that is what you do.

When you walk through the forest, you'll find it, you'll find the world that lurks within a heavily polluted England. You'll find the world from which you cannot escape. You'll find bliss, heaven on earth. Also known as The Willow

~

Today is the day; the day of our counterattack, the day that we will rebel against the tyranny that is the rule of King Kaida. Today is our day, a day that will go down in the history books. And to top it off, today is also the dawn of the fifth sun. How ironic. Today is the anniversary of everybody's meetings. I met Cardelia, just as Kaida met Fern on this date. It is on this day that the legends say that we dragons are the most powerful. It may be our only chance. It's beyond daunting. I think I'm going to be sick. We have all done what we can. It's not fair that we could all lose and be executed on this day, despite all of our best efforts.

I'm not the only one doubting this. Darius is pacing and fidgeting, playing with his fingers and manipulating weeds on the floor, making them rise and fall, thrive and die at his will. He's antsy. I can't dispute his reasoning. Who the hell knows whether our hard work will be a success? Who knows how many breaths we have left?

When the hell did I become Prince Drayce the Cynical!

I sigh, trying to regain my old state of mind; realism. Think realistically Drayce. Think about it, it's going to be okay. We've got not only the advantage of three mature dragons, but also an army that have been practising on the down low. We ought to have every single advantage in regards to stealth and surprise. Who does Kaida have? Himself, that's who. We'll be fine!

With a smile I glance at my older brothers; Darius and Nezbit are suiting up, preparing for what will ensue today. The first task of our battalion is simple; acquire access to the chambers of their brides so they can't be kept as leverage. As strong as they are, the idea of losing their wives is a huge weakness. I didn't realise how bonded they felt to their wives. I have never seen Nezbit, the sociopath, so devoted and focussed on meeting a goal. It's an incredible sight for my ignorant eyes; Nezbit caring.

"Are you ready?" Nezbit claps Darius on the back.

"I think so..." My middle brother, the one who has a faint scar from brow to jaw, nods his head.

The duo wink at one another and nod their heads, flexing their wrists, making their hands burn with flames that correspond with their abilities; Nezbit's is a roaring red inferno that is raging from his fingertips and racing to reach his shoulders. Darius has dimly glowing fingertips, but hauntingly sinister green flames are lapping upon his skin.

"What about you, Drayce-y boy? Are you ready to get this party started?" Darius asks.

"I'm ready." Am I? I don't know? I guess I should just run with my fear and trust my brothers.

"Let's do this, Drayce." Nezbit puts his thumb up and spares me the smallest smile.

"Right." I nod, swallowing the lump that is growing in my throat. I need to calm down. I need to stay calm. Everything is dependant on the execution of this act. We can't screw up now. Not that the pressure is actually on my shoulders right now. I'm going to have to rely solely on my older brothers. I need to trust Nezbit and Darius; Nezbit and Darius, who in turn have both had issues with me. I mean, back when I was the puniest, most weedy and pathetic and feeble, Nezbit was a bully. He used to taunt and tease me. And Darius would treat me as a child. I can't deny that we've all grown up, but sometimes past experiences to cause doubts.