Four

In that old, untouched English forest, there is a pathway. A pathwaythat warps your senses. A pathway that leads to an old timey way of living. A pathway to a little village, oppressed by the iron fist of whoever lives in the stone castle on the hill. A little civilisation hidden in the forest. A little civilisation that believe in fairytales.

When you look at it, you would never know that for hundreds of years, there has been a village living there. You wouldn't see the signs. That's because you can't see where the world shifts. It's like you've stepped into another dimension.Maybe that's what they do.

When you walk through the forest, you'll find it, you'll find the world that lurks within a heavily poluted England. You'll find the world from which you can never escape. You'll find bliss, heaven on earth. Also known as The Willow.

~

I stare at the ground that she stood on. Cardelia Eldridge, I never expected to see her. Or at least... Not for a long time yet. She's my future wife, destiny bound us but I feel nothing toward the blonde girl. This is so surreal. Am I meant to feel anything?

Nezbit and Darius are still in a bad way. I sigh, soon they'll heal. They are, mature dragons, after all.

"What are we going to do now?" Nezbit makes a fist. I'm too impatient to wait for our runt to grow strong.

"We will counter him." Darius declares. "We will show King Kaida the Cynical that we're worth fighting, eh, Nezzie."

"What about me?" I query.

"Go after that blonde girl. She's your bride after all." My older brothers make their eyebrows wriggle. I fold my arms. Destiny can suck sometimes.

"Where are you two gonna go?" I ask.

"Well we will be out in the rose maze. We need to discuss matters in private." Nezbit states, waving me away.

I take a deep breath before heading outside. The blonde girl, Cardelia Eldridge, is staring up at our stone castle.

"Hello." I greet her.

"Is everything alright?"

SMASH!

"God dammit, Kaidaaaaa!!!!!" Nezbit flies through the arched windows.

"Nezzie!" Darius is scared, he's peereing out of the window. Kaida is right behind him. My youngest older brother jumps out of the window after Nezbit. Just like he would when the would fight for entertainment.

I roll my eyes.

"Is this normal?" Cardelia asks. I nod slowly.

"I'm Drayce Arragon." I hold my hand out to the blonde girl. Her brows go up.

"YOU'RE the prince? YOU'RE my fiancée?" She looks sceptical. I nod once.

"I didn't expect to meet you yet." I admit. "This isn't me. This monkey suit isn't me."

"Why are you defending yourself? Your appearance isn't what is bothering me." She sighs. What? There's something on her mind? Am I right to pry? I am her husband to be... Why am I so hopeless with this? Kaida didn't seem to be struggling.

"Something's bothering you?" I ask. The blonde puts her hand to her head and groans in aggravation.

"YES! Yes something's bothering me! Do you not realise how absurd all of this is! I knew that this world was magical but look at you! You have scales running up your fae and your brothers are fighting and you're acting like it's normal!" Cardelia looks angry.

"It is." I shrug. Oh god. Kaida has spotted me. Oh god. The opens his scaly snout, showing off his sharp teeth.

"Dracyey!" My two younger older brothers shout. I act on instinct and grab the blonde by the arm and run onto the grass, I knock her onto the ground and pin her. Nezbit knocks me onto her so now I'm laying flat on top of my fiancée. He combusts. Darius shields himself in moss and lies in top of me.