Two

In that old, untouched English forest, there is a pathway. A pathway that warps your senses. A pathway that leads to an old timey way of living. A pathway that leads to a little village, oppressed by the iron fist of whoever lives in the stone castle on the hill. A little civilisation hidden in the forest. A little civilisation that believe in fairytales.

When you look at it, you would never know that for hundreds of years, there has been a village of people living there. You wouldn't see the signs. That's because you can't see where the world shifts. It's like you've stepped into another dimension. Maybe that is what you do.

When you walk through the forest, you'll find it, you'll find the world that lurks within a heavily poluted England. You'll find the world from which you cannot escape. You'll find bliss, heaven on earth. Also known as The Willow

~

Kaida is restless. He's mad; clearly seeing red. Has he really had that much rage bottled up? Is he losing control?

"...Kaida?" I ask. Can he still hear me? Understand me? Inside of this ferocious looking shell should still be the son, the husband, the brother...the heir that Kaida is.

He looks angry. But not bloodthirsty. I've seen animals that are craving the taste of blood. Kaida isn't there. He hasn't got those animal instincts. Kaida, it seems is fighting those urges. I can recall once reading of one heir who finished off his opponents or brothers as soon as he transformed. The difference was that his brothers were considerably younger. If I'm correct that King was my great grandfather.

"Drayce, please, leave."

"No way." I shake my head. "If you're staying, I'm staying."

"You don't UNDERSTAND!" Nezbit spins on his heels. Okay, THOSE are bloodthirsty eyes. I am seized by the front of my shirt and Nezbit lifts me off of the ground.

"Drayce!" Darius slams Nezbit so he'll drop me.

I groan as my heavy body hits the cold hard ground. I roll my eyes at this rough treatment. It's because I'm the family runt, the constant dropping, lifting, bullying. I'm much younger than my older brothers; four years younger than Darius, six years younger than Nezbit and eight years younger than Kaida. Due to that, my brothers are capable of incredible things due to their stages of physical development. Which is aggrivating because, particularly when being tormented by Nezbit, will is not going to save your butt. Let's just say that I've had quite a few burns from when Nezbit has lashed me with flaming cloth, belts, and simply whips made of only flame.

"STOP THE VIOLENCE!" human words escape the mouth of the beast that is my oldest brother.

"I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT!" Kaida snarls. Is this what he's mad about? That I came in?

Something looks to have snapped inside Kaida's head. His irises, usually alive with colour to show his true colours, are dull, dim and dead. As if instinct and power has just defeated all sense of morality in Kaida's brain. It's dragons, when they are in this form, that seem to be the ferocious, evil, sadistic beasts which will massacre the entirety of a village for no particular reason.

Kaida opens his jaws, showing off his dragon's pearly white canine teeth.

"DRAYCE!" Darius hollers.

"I'm staying. I'm strong." I stand my ground. Maybe resilience can break through Kaida's blood thirsty façade.

"I call bullshit." Nezbit scoffs.

"I'm staying." I repeat. Something inside of me, conjured up an air of authority in my words. For that, I am grateful, at least I wouldn't sound pathetic and puny.