Chapter 12

I heard you wanted smut??? You can check out a copy of 50 Shades of Grey at your local library, so contact your nearest librarian today! c; (In all seriousness though, I can't smut lmao I'm sorry.)

-

I lay in bed, wide awake. Jungkook's steady breathing indicated that he was asleep, and his arms were wrapped securely around my body. They were cool to the touch, and I felt like early spring air was embracing me. It was really uncomfortable to be awake with that much contact, as I was trying really hard to not move so he wouldn't wake.

What did I just do? I thought, staring at the ceiling through the darkness. Have I gotten myself into something I don't want to be a part of?

I did like Jungkook, I really did, but I felt like everything would change now. I had almost grown accustomed to, even fond of, our old, awkward relationship. Now what? Was he going to call me honey? I almost laughed at the notion.

Or maybe, he would use me now. Since I had given myself up to him, would he think that I was easy and take advantage of that? It would've been a stupid idea back in the normal mortal world, but things were different here. I was dealing with a demon here, and it wasn't like I had Jungkook as a human figured out yet. Every day we could hear Rap Monster and Yousun fucking their little hearts out, and the others were probably doing the same. I didn't want to do that. As hot as Jungkook was, it wasn't something that I wanted.

But he's different, right? I asked myself. He's so awkward and always embarrassed when it comes to anything suggestive.

But yet here we were.

I sighed and furrowed my brow.

"Are you awake?" whispered Jungkook, startling me. I inhaled sharply and turned to see his eyes open and shining in the darkness.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I asked. Jungkook shrugged.

"Something felt off, so I woke up," he replied quietly. "Is something wrong?"

"No," I lied. He sighed and looked at the ceiling too. It glowed a soft orange in the dim hell light.

"Well, unless Rap Monster is having a huge mental breakdown next door, it has to be you," he stated bluntly. I knit my eyebrows together.

"What, you can sense people's emotions?" I'd never read about it in any of the books. It didn't seem like a demon-like ability either.

"Different individuals have different talents," explained Jungkook. "Rap Monster is thoughtful, Suga is tough, V is intriguing, and I'm empathetic. So, I know you're feeling off no matter what you say."

He got me.

"Well, I just have a lot of thoughts and questions," I said quickly, trying to brush it off. "It's nothing, really."

"Are you wondering if I'm using you?" He turned to face me, swallowing me with his intense eyes. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish, at a loss for words. "No, I'm not psychic. It's just that... you know how you were before, and what we just did..."

"How I was before?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

I huffed. "Excuse me for having self respect," I scoffed. "Not every girl wants to be a toy..."

I sighed. I was being overly defensive, wasn't I?

"But yeah, I was thinking about that. That was my first time, you know."

"Well, lucky for you, I wasn't using you. I'm not using you." I was suddenly very aware of Jungkook's arms still around me. We were very close together, and our faces were mere inches apart. "Your first time did not go to waste."

"Oh."

"I care about you, Scarlet," Jungkook said quietly. "If I was human, I would've asked you out a long time ago."

"But you're not, so you shanghaied me to Hell," I deadpanned curtly, though the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. The dim light and faint darkness masked my blush, which I was grateful for. Jungkook exhaled.

"So I could spend a lifetime with you," he added solemnly. My heart skipped a beat, and my blood went cold. I commanded myself to breathe again and say something in reply.

Ohoho, this boy/demon was smooth.

"Er... That's still messed up, you know," I retorted, my voice still weak with shock.

"I know it is," Jungkook sighed, "but it's what we do to survive."

"What?"

"I did mention that our mother was a witch, right?" Jungkook asked. "I was half human once."

"Once? You changed species?" I gawked at him, and he laughed breathily.

"When Hades made me immortal, I lost my mortality," he said. "Humans are mortal, so I stopped being human. However, that didn't change who I was. Even though I lost the mortal part of being human, I kept the humanity."

Seeing my confused face, he continued, "That just means that even though I'm soulless, I still have emotions like I have a soul. That's why I'm not like those bat zombie demons you see flying around here. And to keep from turning into one of those, I have to feed my humanity."

"And the only way to do that is to fall in love?" I guessed.

He nodded. "And the only way to do that is to fall in love," he affirmed softly.

"But to keep your humanity, I have to sacrifice everything. A life for a life." I felt sad reminiscing about my old home. My own mother's face was getting blurry, and I could barely remember my grandmother's voice. I felt a twinge of pain and regret in my chest. Were they still looking for me? I was my mom's only child. How bad was she hurting? I wanted to tell her that I was okay so badly, but I just couldn't.

"I'm sorry it had to be you." Jungkook's arms tightened around me, and I was pulled against his chest. It felt comforting, despite the circumstances. I breathed him in, and he smelled like home, which was strange. He had never even set foot in my home before. I suspected that he didn't actually smell like my actual house, but his scent was so comforting that I felt at home. Magic?

"I wish I had never met you, no offense," I admitted. "I wouldn't feel so conflicted. I wanna go home, but... I think I'd almost miss you if I never saw you again."

Jungkook chuckled lightly and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm glad you're my first human," he remarked. "I'm glad I fell in love with someone as eye opening as you first."