Epilogue

"Goodnight, Junghyun," I whispered before closing the door behind me, muting the noise with my palm. With that, I tiptoed to my room and turned off the lights, collapsing onto the mattress in complete darkness with a soft groan. I climbed under the blankets and yanked them over my head, drowning out the rest of the world.

Tomorrow, my son would be turning one.

God, I was getting old.

I lay in bed, contemplating how quickly time had passed. Junghyun had already grown so much, and it had snuck up on me. All of a sudden, he started to look like me rather than Jungkook, and I felt sorry about it. I could no longer look to my child to be reminded of Jungkook, and now I was afraid that I'd forget Jungkook's appearance. Junghyun still had his eyes, but that meant nothing. Jungkook had those entrancing, soulless eyes, and I refused to say that my infant lacked a soul.

Jungkook.

It had been more than a year since his death. Yeah, I would wait an eternity for him to come back, but if a month felt like an eternity, I wasn't sure that I was patient enough to wait for an actual eternity. Crossing my fingers underneath the blankets, I begged for Jungkook to hurry up. If it meant dropping down to Tartarus myself, resurrecting the damn demon, and dragging him back up to Earth, I would, but I--sadly--couldn't. His brothers couldn't just take me back to Hell, and from what I've heard, there was no way I could survive a second in Tartarus.

Stop stressing yourself and go to sleep, I told myself, squeezing my eyes shut. I had an eternity to wail over Jungkook. I instinctively brushed my hand to the other side of the bed, but, as usual, nothing was there. It was out of habit, and it was a depressing habit that, for some reason, wouldn't go away.

My spirits fell, but I swallowed and closed my eyes again, hoping for a nicer dream that would bring me peace. And for once, something went according to plan.

I was back in the Underworld.

Even though I hadn't been there in nearly two years, I could still recognize it on sight. The glowing fires, the black backdrop. Elysium glittered and sparkled in the distance, and I was standing in front of Hades's enormous, obsidian palace, which glinted in the hellfire.

"Never thought you'd enjoy the Underworld, huh?"

I turned around slowly, my eyes wide open in shock and anticipation.

Oh man, holy shit, I thought as my eyes drank in the sight of none other than Jeon Jungkook.

He looked the same, just as I remembered. His raven black fringe swept over his pale skin, almost covering his eye. His eyes were the same ones that haunted me every night. Dark, cold, and empty, like an endless void. I recognized every feature of his, and I stared like I would never see him again, like I was trying to burn him into my memory.

"JEON JUNGKOOK!" I yelled, barreling over and throwing myself at him. I wrapped my arms under his and buried my face into the soft fabric of his black hoodie. His muscular arms went around me, and before I knew it, I was sobbing into his hoodie. "I finally get to see you again."

"Hey, shush, it's fine," he said, resting his head on top of mine. "We're together now, aren't we?"

"No," I wailed sorrowfully, "this is just a dream."

"I don't care if it's a dream," Jungkook replied. "You still see me in person."

"I love you," I mumbled, my words muffled by his thick clothes. "Please come back soon."