The Arrival of a Future Hero

Sweetie's P.O.V. (Point of View)

I can hardly wait to tell Malice! It seemed like the kits in her stomach jumped with joy as she rushed forward, following the scent of her mate. I can't believe I'm having kits! Oh, he'll be so happy! Since he's so big and strong and handsome... They'll look just like me and him! The persian eventually reached a bellicose, immense cat with gleaming yellow eyes that seemingly could pierce and burn a cat's soul.

"Malice! Malice!" The persian squealed with heart-bursting glee as she bounded towards the tom. "Oh guess what! You'll be so happy! Oh just guess guess guess guess!"

A floppy trout slapped Malice's face. "What what do you want! I was about to get this huge fish! Ugh, you're always in my way!"

At the pit of her heart, Sweetie felt a horrendous pang of hurt, yet she optimistically suppressed it. "Well, we're having kits! Oh I know you're so happy! Let me guess you're so happy-

"What. No, just no, you're joking, right? We can't have kits, I hate kits! you have to be kidding..."

"But. I thought you would be happy..."

"Happy?!" Malice's growl seemed to claw right into Sweetie's muzzle. "How can I be happy when I have more mouse-brained mouths to feed!?"

"I-I..." Sweetie's heart burst as she sprung into tears, running blindly away. Brambles tore at her scraggly long fur, tangling and tugging her back. Resisting the pain that scored at her skin she kept whipping on through. I know Malice can be grumpy, but I never knew he was that cruel! I actually thought I was loved... Blindly sprinting she tripped over a bumpy stick, collapsing onto the floor with wails and sobs. Oh my precious kits, will you ever have a father to take care of you?

Malice's P.O.V.

Ugh, how could she be so dung-brained! That kittypet is having kits! I can believe it! Ugh, I've always hated kits! They're stinky nests, they're bratty behavior, they're amateur crawling, just everything! But... I guess they are kind of cute... Malice gazed into the churning water, gazing at a fish and then swiftly catching it with a flick of his paw. As he thought and vanquished the fish he had surge of a hunch that these kits will not only have unique lives, but that they will impact his as well.

Many, Many Moons Later

Malice carried a couple fish that he caught last night in his favorite spot near the churning, murky river. Deftly he ingeniously weaved through brambles, dodged through clumps of ferns, bounded through pools and lunged over logs. This is all just too much effort, giving Sweetie this prey. I wish she could catch it herself. But it's all because of those kits! She better he grateful! Characteristically snarling and cantankerously grumbling with fury he finally caught the scent of Sweetie. Is that the scent of more cats...? Maybe I'm just fooling myself ...

He stopped in his tracks, breathless as he saw 3 mewling tiny scraps of fur near Sweetie's stomach.

It seemed as if Sweetie couldn't do anything but purr. "See, I told you they'd be so adorable! I named this one Sugar..." She pointed with her tail to the shekit with a pure white pelt like hers, but with a pointed muzzle like his."...and this one Spice..." Her muzzle touched a huge, tomkit with a pelt just like Malice's but with a pushed in face like his Mother's. "...and, well I haven't named this one yet." With a frown of confusion she pointed her tail to a very scruffy shekit with a tuft of fur sticking up improperly from her head, with her slightly dark brown and tabby pelt, and with wobbly legs. The kit looked almost nothing like her parents.

Malice scoffed with distaste. "How about you name it Fox-dung, because that's what it's pelt looks like."

"Malice! How rude! Just because of that, I'm naming her Cutie." She purred with love gleaming in her eyes, radiating like the sun.

"Fine then, whatever." Malice slammed down the fish, trudging away into the distance.

Sweetie's P.O.V.

Oh my gorgeous kits, I shall always love you no matter what. Sweetie nuzzled Spice, yet in response Spice yowled, batting a paw at her nose feistily. She chuckled warmly, gazing at her only tom kit. He surely is a fighter! Flitting her vision to her smallest kit, Sugar that looked just like her. The kit purred as Sweetie lapped at her pelt. Oh she's so adorable! How could Malice despise these creatures!" Lastly her eyes fell onto the scrappy, scruffy kit. Gently she nuzzled Cutie, her eyes gleaming with love with her illuminating grin of affection. Although you may seem weak, I know you'll be strong someday...

Thank you anyone who took time to read this/the story :3! I can't believe that I'm finally on my 3rd book. I'm predicting that this book will be longer than my other ones, for more enjoyment :D. The next chapter will have more things featuring Cutie (aka Hawkstar if you haven't figured it out). But this chapter obviously features her parents, Malice and Sweetie. And if you haven't already please check out the alliances for this book to get a better picture of these characters' descriptions. Read on more once I update my next chapter :D! Have a great day everyone and stay awesome :)! Bye!

~HawkstarTheHero