A Surreal Dream

Cutie's P.O.V

    "Alright, everyone! It's time for hunting! Come on, Spice, you're usually faster than this! Sugar, hurry up. Can't you at least go faster than a snail? Cutie, get your rump out of the den, and come over here!" That was the usual yowling each and everyday at the crack of dawn for the 15 moon old, now young-adult cats.

    "Ugggh, coming Malice!" Cutie, Sugar, and Spice groaned.

   "Oh Malice, don't be so hard on them! Their still our adorable cute little kits!" Sweetie, their mother fussed.

     "Mother, we're 15 moons! We know how to hunt and battle now." Spice hissed with his horrid temper that reflected his father's.

    "Spice! Don't be so mean. She just loves us," Cutie swatted his ears playfully with a humorous purr, "Don't be such a big grump!"

    "I can do whatever I want," Spice lifted his head with boastful pride, "I'm a big cat now."

   "Mhmm, sure." Rolling her amber, auburn swirled eyes in aggravation, Cutie sighed. All three of the siblings followed their father. The once clumsy kits now glided through the undergrowth, darted over logs like the most agile of birds, slunk through brambles like a slippery fish in the water, and ran like the fastest rabbit in the forest. Sugar's snow-white pelt radiated like the light that dappled in the forest, Spice's dark, odious fur engulfed in the abysses of shadows like a patch of darkness with eyes, and Cutie's scruffy integument blended in with the tawny and mahogany undergrowth that was mottled with swirls of gloom. Malice lead the way with his usual aggressive pride and pushy hostility. "Lets split up for hunting. I'll go with Sugar to the left, and Spice and Cutie can go to the right," Malice instructed in a whisper to not alert the prey.

    "Okay."

    "Got it."

    "Alright."

     Spice jeered, meowing to Cutie,"I bet I'll get the most prey!"

     "Ha! Spice-dung, you wish!" Cutie teased back with a glimmer in her titian, vibrant eyes.

     "I am not named Spice-dung!" Grouchily Spice frowned, retorting back.

     "Oh yeah? Then prove it!"Playfully Cutie giggled, sprinting off in search for prey."

     "I will! Then you'll be dung!" Spice retorted with a chuckle, darting after her,"Wait up!"

     "Ha-ha! Catch me if you can, slow-poke!" He'll never catch me!

      "I will!" Despite what Spice said, clearly due to Cutie growing more and more swift and powerful by the days, she now had slightly bulging muscles, with her lithe, lean frame that could weave through tight ferns and even prickly brambles. And the tuft of fur that protruded from her head now swayed down, so every now and then Cutie would flip the strand of fur out of her face. As she outstretched her agile, nimble legs her broadening shoulders shifted visibly, her robust, brawny muscles rippling with each stride. Spice seemed to be lagging in the back with his thick, fluffy, bushy tail streaming behind him. I'm completely in the lead now! Proudly Cutie cogitated as Spice vanished completely into the dense, lush emerald ferns, flowers, and low-hanging leaves. Elevating her muzzle to scent the air as she ran almost silently, Cutie eventually pinpointed the distinct scent of a bird. Hmm... This seems like a sparrow by the scent of it... As if on cue, she spotted a remarkably rapid flash of brown, black and white. Like a strike of lightening in a split second, Cutie lurched her limbs to pounce. Lunging and rotating 360 degrees thrice with complete precision. Instantly with the impact, she crushed the sparrow, its spine cracking like a dead leaf. Wow... My paws have grown... With a jolt of surprise, Cutie realized how immense, round, and fuzzy her paws had become. Daydreaming she just stared, her claws still puncturing into the sparrow.