Abandoned and Alone

~Hey everyone! I'm SO sorry I haven't been updating much. I've had over 3 tests/exams that I've had to study for. And, of course, I've had the dreaded writer's block x3. But I'll try to update more often.

     Hawk's compelling amber eyes fluttered open then shut rapidly. Ugh! It's so bright! Wait... It's bright... That means it's sun-high! Fox-dung! Now my family will be suspicious. Hawk's eyes opened again, but this time with more concern and worry. I need to tell Sly I must go home. I'm probably in enough trouble with my family already. Especially Malice. Hawk aroused to her tan, fluffy paws, scanning the clearing for her brown friend. Then she suddenly saw her, sitting at the river's edge. Her alluring, serious blue eyes were focused on something on the river. Hmm... Maybe I could sneak up on her and scare her. Hawk lowered into an expertise crouch with a faint snicker of amusement, gliding her fore paws over the mud. Then, when she was  about to lunge suddenly, the unexpected happened. Sly's paw immersed into the river and suddenly she leaped, twirling with a fish in her claws in midair. Sooner than Hawk even had time to think, she was pinned down with a flopping, slimy fish on her face. Hawk shrieked at the top of her lungs. She absolutely hated slimy prey!

     "Ha! Gotcha! You though you could sneak up on me, eh fish-face?" Sly purred with a playful gibe. 

     Hawk kicked her off, wiping her paw around her face in disgust, and she looked with a flummoxed expression. Clearly, she was quite discomfited."How did you know, anyway?" Hawk asked with confusion.

     The brown dappled cat landed on her paws,"Well, you did do a great job being downwind. But, what gave it away was me seeing your reflection in the river. Remember that next time you sneak up on me, or anything else," Sly chuckled with a twitch of her whiskers. 

     "Oh. My bad," Hawk meowed in embarrassment, then remembered what she was going to say to Sly. She looked away, her eyes clouding in insecurity. 

     Sly glanced at Hawk with augmenting concern,"Is there something wrong Hawk? If there is, you can tell me," Sly gently coaxed, her icy, blue eyes looking into Hawk's fiery auburn eyes. For a split second, it was like ice and fire combining in everlasting friendship and harmony. 

     "Well... I think I must leave. I don't want to get in trouble with my family, and my Father especially. I promised them I'd be back," Hawk sighed in vexation.  

     "Here," Sly nudged her the fish she caught,"you should at least have some prey to take home. It's a nice and plump fish, anyway. Also, I found a vole while you were asleep." Sly paused to dig up a vole from a mound of soil,"Take this too." Sly nudged compassionately nudged her the prey with her brown paw. 

    "Are you sure...? You're the one who caught it..." Hawk gazed with uncertainty. 

     Sly nodded,"I'm positive. It's new-leaf, after all. You need and deserve it more than I do." 

     "Thank you, Sly, I owe you for your kindness," Hawk dipped her head, took the prey and padded off with a wave of her lengthy, plumy tail. 

     As Hawk lunged over logs, weaved through brambles, and jumped, practically flying through plants, she purposely brushed through a thick patch of wild garlic, and rubbed against some moldy moss on an immense rock. There, that'll hide my scent, hopefully. Yet, I still should be careful. 

     Eventually, Hawk finally got to the clearing that she always stayed in with her family. Suddenly, Hawk was winded to a rough, sharp blow with sheathed claws to her side and shoulder. She staggered, then quickly caught her footing with surprise, only to see Malice growling with his protruding yellow teeth. His ears were flattened and a scowl snaked across his face as he circled her with rage.