Afternoon lunch

(Chapter 6: Afternoon Lunch)

It was 6 PM, and I was starting to get hungry again. I had been hiding out in my room, not bothering to explore even if I wanted to. I was tired up with Leander's antics and didn't want to see him again until I had to, which would probably be dinner time. I was told by some staff members that dinner wasn't served until eight. I also found out that around noon the chefs were available if you wanted lunch, but they didn't make a big feast of it. I was currently shuffling around the cupboards trying to find something good to eat.

"What even is half this stuff?" I muttered to myself as I worked my way around canned items and dried objects. I closed the cabinet and went onto the next. I shuffled around there a bit  before sighing. Maybe I could just find some peanut butter and call it a day. Then a familiar orange wrapper caught my eye.

"It couldn't be," I whispered in disbelief. It was on the top shelf, and I couldn't get a full view of it. I climbed onto the counter. I pulled the package out of the cupboard and widened my eyes. It was it. It was here, in this very house. Even in chicken flavor!

"Ramen!" I let out in a guttural man-roar. I hopped off the counter and laid the ramen onto the prep table. I sped around the kitchen, trying to find some pots. When I did, I stuck it under the faucet and filled it a quarter way with water. It was a small pot, not even 8 inches in diameter. I ripped open the package and plucked the noodle square from it. Plopping the square into the water, I took out the flavor packet and dumped the remaining package and loose ramen parts into the trash.

I put the pot on the stove and turned the front stove dial to a little higher than medium. Then I realized I didn't have a fork. Or a bowl to put the noodles in. I cursed under my breath. Stupid Leander had gotten those for me, and I don't know from where. I took in a deep breath before pushing my hair back with my fingers. It had to be behind the counter. He had gotten the stuff while I was on the other side looking. I started shuffling through different drawers, the contents shuffling about as I yanked them open and rammed them closed.

"What are you doing in here?" I froze when his voice echoed through the kitchen, exasperated. I glanced up at Leander.

"Making food?" I said with innocence.

"Sounds more like you decided to start a man hunt! Why the fuck are you so loud?" I was taken back by the cuss word. He seemed like the type to curse, but I just hadn't heard it out of him so far.

"Because. Ramen," I said with a 'duh' look. He raised an eyebrow.

"Ramen? You made a yeti roar that I heard from across the estate because of some type of food?"

"Ramen is not just some type of food!" I argued. "Now where did you pull that bowl and spoon from earlier? I need a bowl and a fork." So much for staying away from him. I was even asking for his help. He sighed as he made his way around the kitchen. His hair was styled upwards again, but today he wore ripped black jeans and a gray hoodie with the words Supreme written in black, large, blocky lettering. He once again wore his converse.

"Man," I drew out. Leander sent a questioning look over his shoulder to me. He opened a drawer next to the fridge and pulled out a fork. "My parents didn't let me bring my street clothes. Just, formal looking clothing." Leander cocked his head to the side.

"Yeah. I wouldn't mind seeing you in shorts." He winked at me. I glared at him. "But the skinny jeans are good enough. Even if they do give off a dressy feel."

"I hate you."

"Oh, Geheimnis, I love you too!"

"Stop calling me that."