Epilogue

Shout out to my buddy bud Coral_G_Swizzle  for this cute Leander x Ariadne edit!! (That she made months ago and I somehow forgot to put it into the story) <3

~~~~~~

"I don't know if I can do this," I admitted worriedly, staring at my reflection. My blonde hair was pulled back in to two small twists that wrapped loosely across the back of my head. Where they met in the middle, curls tumbled down. Despite the chaotic, tumbling mess, my hairstylist had somehow managed to make it look elegant.

"Ariadne! You want this! You can do this!" my mother scolded me as she buzzed around the room, looking for the beaded clip that was supposed to go into the center of my hair.

"What if he doesn't like the dress?" I cried, swishing around the white, off-the-shoulder, laced, long sleeved gown. My mother stopped behind me in the mirror, sending me an exasperated look.

"He's not going to marry you just because he doesn't like the dress," she answered. I made a low whining noise in the back of my throat. Moments later, an 'aha!' rose from my mom as she rushed up to behind me, clipping the matching clasp into my hair. She slowly spun me around, and I took in her beaming smile and shining eyes.

"There we go! We're done! Oh, Honey! You look so beautiful," she gushed, her eyes tearing up. There was a light knocking noise, before Dad popped his head into the room. He smiled gently.

"You look great, Sweetheart. Are you ready?" I shot my mom a scared look. She rolled her eyes, pushing me towards her husband.

"Yes, she's ready!" she cheerfully answered for me. I sucked in a shaky breath. Why was I so nervous? I've known Leander for five years. Despite his multiple purposals, I kept telling him it wasn't going to happen until after I had graduated from college. Now with a bachelors in wildlife conservation under my belt, I had finally said yes.

My dad and I walked towards where everyone was waiting. We paused to the right of the opened double doors.

"You'll do great. Don't worry so much," he reassured me. I sent him a timid smile before linking my arm with his.

The music queued as we paused before the doorway. I took in a deep breath, and stepped into the room with my groom waiting for me on the opposite end.

Everyone stood up, and I sent timid smiles towards everyone as I passed. I met eyes with the friends I made along the way. Jackie and little Lucy who was waving her flower girl basket wildly. I giggled waving back at her.

There was Circe with Theo. After the whole fiasco with the hunters was solved, Leander and Circe went around looking for him. They had found him being held captive by a buyer who hadn't not been too happy with Theo's "no return, no repay" policy. He had an eyepatch over his left eye, but Circe said it added to his sexiness.

Next was Nora, along with Veronica and the chicken stealing Miles. I was honestly surprised that Miles and Veronica hadn't gotten married yet themselves. They were constantly fighting and bickering, but when they thought no one was around, things were different.

Even Alaric managed to make his way down from the mountains, wearing more than just a loincloth. He sat with Nora, the two whispering and giggling back and forth.

Along with them was Leander's family, along with invited friends. The same went for my family. I noted the absence of Cynric and Elizabeth, looking back to Leander with a questioning gaze. My dad finished walking me up to the front, parting ways as he sat down. Leander grabbed my hands, noticing the slight nervous tremble in them. He squeezed them lightly.