Chapter 23

PERCY'S POV~

I woke up to the sound of metal against a sheath. Bolting up, I saw that it was only Dani pulling out her sword and sharpening it. "Gods, you scared me Dani." I exclaimed. She grinned as she tossed me Riptide in pen form. "When the heck did you take this?" She shrugged as Zoe woke up.

"I got bored last night and couldn't sleep so I took it." Zoe answered. Annabeth woke up with her hair a wild mess.

"Nice hair Wise Girl." I commented as I got up.

"Speak for yourself Seaweed Brain." She countered. Dani stepped in before there was a fight. Annabeth isn't a morning person at all.

"Shut it. We have a battle that we're leaving for in," She checked her watch which surprisingly worked in Tartarus. "20 minutes." We all started scrambling around to get our stuff whereas Dani started making breakfast since she was done.

We all grabbed the toast that Dani had made since she sucks at cooking. "Well, I suck at cooking. Did you expect me to make a gigantic breakfast?!" Dani exclaimed and grabbed her weapons, jewelry form or not. We all did as she did and followed her out the door.

Bob, Bob Jr. and Damasen were already out there and ready to go. Our ragtag group started making the two hour trip to the Doors of Death, where Dani will have to fight her sibling.

It was silent the whole time we walked. Dani and Zoe talked quietly whereas Bianca and Annabeth were talking quietly too. I just don't really like making small talk before a battle.

Damasen held up a hand and we all stopped immediately. Peering over a large rock, we saw a large group of monsters. There weren't many due to the time it was. Monsters still have to sleep too. "Alright everyone, you know the plan. I move around the group, helping where I'm needed and trying to find my rogue sibling. The rest of you just fight and stay in the pairs you were assigned." Dani said. We all nodded and got ready to jump over the rock.

Dani opened her wings after Zoe gave her a kiss. Then she took to the skies and distracted a large amount of monsters while we ran in silently. We killed nearly everyone pretty quickly as Dani took out the flying monsters. There weren't a large amount of those.

But then there was a deep red glow and then a girl stood in front of the Doors of Death. When she looked up, I saw it was Reyna from Camp Jupiter. "Reyna?!" Dani yelled from the sky. Reyna threw a bunch of knives towards her and Dani dodged them all and landed, her weapons out again.

"Hello sister." Reyna sneered. Dani just growled at her and lunged, cutting her arm before she turned away. "Bellona thought I was hers because I appeared in the same home as her real daughter, Hylla."

"Reyna, stop this!" I pleaded. She turned towards me and Dani took that chance to stab her in the back but somehow Reyna deflected the blade.

"Tsk tsk, don't you know better than to stab someone in the back?" Reyna taunted Dani. Dani kept a straight face and the two began fighting.

It was all a blur and then I saw a flash of white light and a lot of smoke appear. A girl coughing walked out of the smoke but we couldn't see their face.

"Dani?!" Zoe panicked. She prayed that it was her, we all did. The girl looked up.

"You think I'm going to lose to someone who pretended to be the wrong god's daughter and tried to take revenge?" Dani yelled back, irritated with the fight. Zoe ran and tackled her to the ground. The rest d us followed suit and then Bob yelled for us to get to the doors quick.

"More monsters are coming, all of them." Damasen yelled over the sound of the monster bellowing for blood.

"We hat to hold this button for 12 minutes." Dani yelled.

"I'll hold it. You guys just get out of here." I yelled, getting ready to test the button.

"Percy! No!" Annabeth and Dani yelled at the same time.

"I can't loose my best friend!" Dani screamed. Annabeth looked like she was close to tears.

"I will hold it." Bob said confidently. We stared at him in shock.

"Thank you! Your sacrifice won't be in vain!" Bianca yelled as he pushed us into the elevator up to the mortal world, our world.

"Goodbye my friends." Bob said. Damasen nodded to us and then rushed into the incoming monsters, giving his own life.

The elevator started up and the doors shut closed. Dani started crying and Zoe held her. "I-I had to k-kill Reyna!" She sobbed. I pulled her from Zoe and he looked up at me with tearful eyes.

"She was going to kill us all of you didn't." I said sternly. "You did what you had to do." She nodded and stopped crying, just sniffling every now and then. The rest of us had the same reaction just smaller.

After exactly 12 minutes, the elevator stopped and the doors opened. Piper, Leo, Jason, Nico, Hazel, Frank, and Coach Hedge were all fighting a goddess of some sort and seemed to be loosing. Dani groaned and moved to the front.

"HEY! QUIT BEING A BABY AND STOP FIGHTING GODDESS!!" She bellowed. Every was so startled that the goddess sunk into the weird ground and the demigods nearly dropped their weapons.

Zoe went and smiled, holding Dani's hand. Nico's eyes went wide as he saw Dani and tried not to look in her eyes.

"Percy! Annabeth!" Piper yelled. We were all trampled and then Jason saw Dani.

"My niece!" Jason yelled. Dani laughed and punched Jason in the arm. She must have met him at Camp Jupiter.

"Sup Uncle Jason." She replied with a sly grin. Everybody looked confused. "My Dad is his half-brother." They 'ohhhh'd at that part and understood it.

"Hey Dani." Nico greeted and tried to pull her into his arms and kiss her but she punched him in the face and kept Zoe from killing him.

"Go to Tartarus."
✳️✳️✳️✳️